which is the best place to ask questions? forum or answers?

I am new to UE community. Dont’t know which is the best place for asking utter newbie (to UE) questions. Where is community most active?

Hey there,

Both are pretty active so I would say it has more to do with what type of question you have. If it’s a quick question or you want to get some feedback on whether you are doing something correctly, use the forums. For any technical questions (issues with the editor/launcher, bug reports, how-to questions) AnswerHub would most likely be the best place.

If you don’t get a response you can always submit a question on the other one, it’s good to leave a link to your original question as well when you do . Hope that helps!

ps. I’m going to move to General Discussion since it is not a Blueprint question. :slight_smile:

Also take a look at thread: https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?1855-What-s-the-purpose-of-having-the-forum-AND-the-answer-hub :slight_smile:

Some hints:

-post during the week -> over the weekend not many people are online
-in the forum you get the answer a little bit faster (in my opinion :p) -> but bugs should be directly posted onto answerhub!

I’d like to know how to submit my questions in forum?

Hi there @ShinjiKay,

Welcome to the Unreal Engine Forums!

To create a post:

1. Simply go to the forum home page
  2. Click the + New Topic Button
  3. Find the best category for your question
  4. Post it! :slight_smile:

Hope helps you and if you have any other questions feel free to message me. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you very much! You are very helpful.

1 Like

Happy to help :slight_smile: