Which Is More Performant In This Situation: Async Load Asset vs Load Asset Blocking?

Which Is More Performant In This specific Situation: Async Load Asset in the event graph vs Load Asset Blocking in the construction script when spawning an item? It will be a large item by the way

The goal is to load the correct mesh taken from a data table or data asset in case it was set incorrectly in the actual objects blueprint. Alternatively, so i can set 1 base blueprint to a cube mesh or no mesh at all even, and then just auto pull it in from data table or data asset.

My initial thought would be using Load Asset Blocking in the construction script will be worse based on the description of the node saying it could “cause a hitch”. So if I load a metahuman to replace the mesh for example whose file size would be large, the game will stop as it spawn in the character.

This is as opposed to if I do it Async instead on begin play, where my thought process is there will be no stop to gameplay while the character loads in and the game will do the initial load quicker as well.

Am I correct in my thinking or am I missing something here?

NOTE: I am considering the construction script because I could just change the data asset or data table row to search for and place a few characters in the editor and see what they would look like and if I want them there since it would populate the correct mesh there

The construction script cant do ASync i believe so that would have to be blocking although you only need the in editor anyway.

other than that the question isnt performance its gameplay.

first do you want hitches in your game
secondly how does it effect your game, for instance does the actor need to do something instantly (like a projectile) or is being 0.3s late ok