Which function is called when setting a mesh in the editor?

Originally this post was very different, but I realized some mistakes. I will give more details and rephrase the problem while the original post, however obsolete, has been put into a quote:
I have a USkeletalMeshComponent subclass that adds and exposes a couple of properties. Right now I edit these in the editor. Down the line, however, I would prefer something automatic. Therefore I thought that I might pull the initial properties from a .csv-file (since I noticed that UE supports them and it is a very versatile format).
The USkeletalMeshComponent-subclass is not specialized enough to just provide good initial values, hence I thought I might get more information from the actual skeletal mesh that is being used. And then read in the appropriate data.

I would be glad about any input, I suspect that there is a much better way of doing this. :slight_smile:

Original post:

Hey,

I belive the function you’re looking for is PostEditChangeProperty (https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/API/Runtime/Engine/GameFramework/AActor/PostEditChangeProperty/index.html)

Hmm…I am looking to intercept the name of the file (respectively mesh) that belongs to a sub-component. I will look into the struct you pointed me to, but at the moment I am not sure how to make use of it.

EDIT: I might be going at this from the completely wrong angle. I will edit my first post and rephrase the question.

EDIT2: I also realized that I cannot change the title of an existing thread. I guess I will have to create a new one then.