Which "add force" node to use and does it even matter?

I know UE4 is big on redundancy and edge cases. For the most part you can do the same thing in several different ways and this is what gets me paranoid that I might be using the wrong inefficient solution which will bottleneck my project down the line.

So I’m going to do physics and calculate some forces that will be pushing my characters around. Does it matter if I do this by applying force directly on a primitive component or use apply force “at location”? Since I have character BPs, does it matter if I apply the force on the capsule component or on the mesh (some characters will use skeletal, some will use static)?

My current BP node setup

In prototyping I started off applying force on the capsule component with the velocity change bool ticked (ignoring mass). Now I will need to take mass into consideration, so I can either keep using my same setup and untick the bool. Alternatively I’ve seen people using add force at location and plugging in the static mesh component. In my initial testing I see no obvious difference between these.

No response I presume it doesn’t matter, just stick with one node?

To add to the confusion I realized you can add force directly to the movement component of your character…