Where to start with my project

Ok finally got round to trying this today. I’ve managed to get it working but only on a single spline. If I make a new spline using the same blueprint as the first, only the first one plays, the second one shows the spline but not the animation.
Because there’s 4 different end points, and it’s not one continuous line I’d need 4 different splines (so far as I know)

• One from Box 1 to Box 7
  • One from Box 1 to Box 3 (probably comes off the first line rather than at box 1)
  • One from the 2nd line to box 6
  • One from the 3rd line to box 9

It seems to work if I duplicate the first spline (i.e. all the lines animate) but I was just wondering why this is? Why it works when I duplicate the existing working one, but doesn’t work when I just add a new one.

So there’s 2 blueprints - one called Spline Path - this is the spline itself, and one called Spline Runner - this is the object that runs along the spline path to create the animation. Both are just made of cylinders.

This is the BP_SplinePath - I know I don’t need the array, because I’m not using different meshes, but I thought I’d leave it in, may come in handy down the line.
BP_SplinePath Components

This is the ‘Runner’

BP_SplineRunner Components
BP_SplineRunner FunctVar

The timeline is just a simple 0-1, the original video uses that as the loop, but they change it in the forum post above.

I’ve also noticed that my meshes don’t destroy when they reach the end immediately. They wait a good few seconds before doing so, so about 4 or 5 of them build up on top of each other before the finally start to disappear.
This will be a little annoying in the final version as I’ll need to run the spline longer and hide it under the floor rather than just be able to run it to where I want the end point to be.

All I need to know after that is how to make them appear and disappear using the widget buttons. I’m presuming there’s a way to activate and deactivate ‘Actor Hidden In Game’?
Edit:
I’ve found this thread;

Which I’ve been able to use on the Spline Path, but because the Runner isn’t an actor in the scene, it only spawns when played, how do I modify it’s actor tags to change if it’s hidden?

This comes off the ‘On Clicked’ event in the widget

Further Edit:
Think I’ve figured out what I need to do to hide the runner when the spline’s aren’t visible - but I don’t know what to change it to.

I’ve got the Spline Path event graph loop running from Event Begin Play, I don’t want this do I? I want the loop to start running when the widget is clicked (and stop when another button is clicked). So how do I connect the two blueprints so I can change it from Event Begin Play, to the relevant button click?