Where should I set up Zoom In/Zoom Out events ?

Hello everyone,

I am new to UE4 and english isn’t my first language so sorry if this doesn’t make too much sense, I’ll try to make it as clear and short as I can.

I’m trying to set up a Zoom In / Zoom Out event for my player character’s camera.

I created a blank project, set up a Player Character with a spring arm component and a camera attached to it and I also created a Player Controller blueprint. Rotated the spring arm so the camera is looking down on the player for a top down view.

Here is where I was already in debate because I was not sure where to set up my movement events, should it always be in the Player Controller ? or if I plan on having only one character than can be moved I can just do it in the Player Character blueprint ?

I setup the functions and event in Player Controller and with an interface I’m checking for the Player Character but is this the correct way to do it? It seems ok for the movement function to be there but should I setup the Zoom In / Zoom Out event in the Player Character blueprint if I already plan on using just one character?

The function works ok but I’m looking for some feedback if this is a good way to do it or wastes too many resources/long way of doing it and also if I should just set it up in the player character to avoid the referencing.

Thank you !

L.E. : To sum it up, is there any guideline to when should I set up input event in the Player Character Blueprint and when should I set them up in the Player Controller?