Where is the polygon editor plugin?

Recently saw that there was a polygon editor plugin you could use with the static mesh editor.

The only problem is that I can’t find the polygon editor in my version of unreal, in the unreal marketplace or in any search results on google.

Do you know where I could find it? My workstation computer doesn’t allow me to install new software on it. XD

1 Like

It’s a plugin, did you enable it?

1 Like

I think it’s in the last 4.25 UE4 version i saw also static mesh modifier like in the tutorial:

1 Like

It seems no longer present in 5.0.3, where can I enable it in UE5 ?

1 Like

It’s a main feature of UE5. Does ALT-5 work for you?

1 Like

It works, but I could swear there were a lasso select tool in the plugin version, in this default feature, I only get the volume sphere select, but it isn’t as easy sometimes.

1 Like

This plugin used to contain functionality for jacketing, removing fully occluded meshes. Would you know where this can be found in UE5?

It seems like this feature will group/remove individual polygons on the meshes, unlike in ue4 where it would tag or remove the whole actor. Or am I again missing something

I don’t really know what the previous functionality was. But it seems to me that remove occluded polys is really the same thing.

There is also

which will enable you to break the model into constituent parts, if that was indeed how it was built. Then you can remove chunks.

In ue4 if you did a jacketing operation on a sphere and a cube and the sphere was completely inside the cube, it would get rid of the sphere actor. Now it seems like it leaves an empty actor behind. In our project there are simply too many meshes to remove manually, but maybe there is a hacky way to get these meshes, like getting all meshes for which all polygons were grouped as occluded (if blueprint allows it). Thanks for the assistance

1 Like