Where is the entry point of a level in Unreal?

Hello there.

I am a beginner in using Unreal Engine and I am getting a little confused.
I made a new Third Person project and I can not find the option that controls what gets spawned in my level when I press Play.

For example, I delete my ThirdPersonCharacter from the ‘World Outliner’ window and when I press play, it gets spawned automatically. How do I change this?
Another example is, I drag in the scene view the “(project name)Character” class, from the C++ Classes(almost the same as the Third Person Character, but with no model) and it always picks up the default ThirdPersonCharacter as the main character, even if I delete it. How can I use a different character controller?

Help is really appreciated.

Thank you. I am using C++ as a start-up setting, so I had to create a blueprint out of my C++ Class, so I can edit these like shown on the picture.
I also found the “World Settings” window, which allows me to override game modes and change settings there as well.

thanks again !!

The game mode is a BP you already have. It tells the system what the default config is, including pawn:

You can change to your pawn, or remove it and spawn one.

Just type gamemode in the content browser search bar.

Incidentally, if there’s no player start, the entry point will be the origin ( 0,0 ).

Yes, I figured out, by removing the starting points and the characters started getting spawned at where the camera position was in the editor ‘viewport’