Download

Where is the Delay node?

Can any Blueprint experts tell me what happened to the Delay node?

There is Task Wait Delay in the Event Graph but I need to delay the start of my Construction Script.

Is this possible?

I haven’t read all this, but I will tell you, you can’t have a delay in a function. Is that the answer?..

If you need delay in construction script, you are doing something very wrong, and it likely should either all be in event play, or split up between the 2.

You cannot have a Delay node in the construction script. You can move your code to a function and then on Event Begin Play use a Delay and then call the function.

Hope this helps!

Was thinking didn’t you ask this last month? But no that was a different Delay node gotcha. So before you run into even more Delay node gotchas, you should probably see this. :wink:

Epic could really help here by offering basic FAQ’s. As there’s lots of catches to using Construction-Scripts that could turn anyone off using them forever. Maybe @CoquiGames in his other life as a Docman-caped-crusader-superhero can come to the rescue? :stuck_out_tongue:

Suggestion: Try to persuade the stakeholders at Epic that it’d make sense to offer Top-10 BP & Editor Mistakes FAQs to help reduce forum bloat / duplicate threads. :wink: With UE5 so close, isn’t it time Epic got serious? This post pretty much sums things up perfectly.