Download

where is the collision editing in the latest build?

Good day, I’m not sure where to ask this question TBH. I am fairly new to unreal 4.
I had imported a mesh from another program. It went OK Except the box collider was ridiculously huge! When I had checked youtube for tutorials, they all were using an older version of UE 4 that had a dedicated collision menu. This menu is no longer available! Where did they put it??

Thanks
–Joshua

There is still everything at the right place:

c35a6b8c2dc65e59149f82884554e19cefa24bfb.jpeg

Or do you probably mean the collision in a blueprint (capsule)? :slight_smile:

This is where I am looking. (The archway takes up half the room)c am i in the wrong place??> (I am new)
0c1dcd536feadbdb5dfec4414afc24763a40512c.jpeg

I am using version 4.6.1

That’s the skeletal mesh editor -> so your mesh is a skeletal mesh. In there you dont have a collision menu (it’s done over a physic asset) :slight_smile:

I’ll do some research to find the right area. Thank you!

I’ve also posted to the daz studio forums, the arch is part of a set. by the looks of things the box collider is for everything else in that set. The collision editor doesn’t seem to acknowledge the box…

It will just recognise the box collider when it’s a static mesh, but currently it’s a skeletal mesh (dont know if that should be like that)

After playing with models and such, I noticed there is a checkbox that gave me the option to import as static mesh.
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!
After tweaking the options the arch works! I know the placement isn’t perfect, but this level is to teach me about materials and animating meshs.