Where do y'all find voice actors?

I’m working on a tiny little project currently, and there’s a mostly expositional 5 minute scene with 3 roles that I would like to have acted out and voiced. I’m offering up to $100 per role, but I’m having troubles finding any takers. So far I’ve tried using websites like voice123.com and voices.com. I’m starting to wonder if I should ask some of my coworkers or something? The funny thing is the last time I needed VAs I was fully broke but had a bunch of people trying to jump at the chance to be a voice in my previous project. I’m kind of surprised that nobody is interested at all now that I have some money lol. Anyway, if y’all know of any good resources please let me know ^~^

https://behindthevoiceactors.com/ is my go to. They’ve got an awesome setup for people to submit auditions and it’s all free. There’s some really good talent out there. I’ve also never paid for my work and still had lots of responses. I think it’s better to offer nothing than $100 since that’s super underpaying and sets a weird precedent.

Thanks for the tip, I’ll check it out. Also I think I disagree with you, paying someone is a better way to respect their time than nothing at all. Plus I’m not trying to voice over a whole project at the moment. Its $100 for really no more than 100 seconds of audio per one time role. It’s not a bad deal. I don’t know where you think that sets a weird precedent.”

What I meant is underpaying voice actors would set a weird precedent. But yeah, I guess I assumed the length of your project was longer. Just keep in mind, voice actors typically get paid about $1500 per day to record. It’s not necessarily the length of the recording as much as how long it takes for them to get it there. Usually, you can’t get it in one take, you have to do several, and there’s the emotional aspect of getting in touch with the character. It is acting after all.
But yeah, by all means, if you feel it’s better to offer some financial compensation for their effort, then go ahead. I just didn’t want you to insult them :stuck_out_tongue: Especially if your project takes off and you end up making thousands if not hundreds of thousands for a measly $100.

There’s also Fiverr:

https://www.fiverr.com/categories/music-audio?source=category_tree