where do I report my age?

I got an email from epic to log in to my account and report my age, but I can’t find where to do it. I can’t show you the screenshot for obvious reasons but there isn’t any blanks to fill in for my age. Does this mean that I’m fine?

Make sure the email is from the Epic team before you respond. It could be a “bad” email that is not from Epic, where they try to steal your account, or find out about your personal information.

It seems that the link is legit. The sender is same as the one that sends epic forum summaries every once in a while(I searched on gmail, so probably legit). And I think they are trying to do this because of the recent fortnite shenanigans, so the reason is there too. Also, it seems that I’m not the only one. Still no change to the account settings page.

Is there any way to contact the team at epic directly?

Hey everyone! We can confirm that these emails are official Epic communications.

Happy developing!

Thanks for confirming, but I’m still not finding where to add my date of birth. Can I get any help? It is not on the ‘Accounts’ page.

The problem here is that there’s no way to report our age after logging into our Epic accounts:

[Personal data removed from the image]

I would not like to lose my Epic account or the data associated with it just because there’s no way to set my date of birth:

Please note that failing to log in and report your age by February 6 could result in the following impacts:

Epic Dev Community: All forum posts, answers, tutorials, and code snippets belonging to accounts without an associated age will be de-identified until an age is entered. If you enter your age after the deadline, most of your content will be restored but you may need to manually add some details.

Support Channels (e.g. UDN): All posts, including questions, comments, and attachments will be permanently removed. If you report your age after the deadline, your site access can be restored as a new user, without previous content.

Twinmotion Cloud: Presentations and Panorama Sets uploaded to Twinmotion Cloud will be permanently deleted and unable to be restored. New copies of the Presentations and Panorama Sets would need to be reexported from Twinmotion.

Maybe I’m missing something…

Thanks!

Could you try logging out of your account and back in, using the login link here: Epic Games

Thanks, but no luck. Tried:

• Chrome, Firefox (can’t log in because of an error 404) and Edge. No extensions enabled and cache cleaned. I get the same form than in the previous image capture I sent.
  • Doing the same using a VPN from USA returns the same form. (I’m located in Spain, Europe)

The page code shows signs of date of birth format check:

But the field is missing. (or it’s not so evident)
I suppose it should be under “PERSONAL DETAILS” in the “Account Settings” page.

Where exactly the date of birth field is supposed to be located?

I found this:
https://japan.postsen.com/technology/47302/Epic-announces-that-the-account-used-is-required-to-report-age-by-February-6-GAME-Watch.html

The last paragraph says:

In the announcement tweet, a page link was pasted, saying, “Here is the age report,” but immediately after the tweet, in the reply comment, “I tried to jump to the link, but where is the age report?” I don’t have a place to put it in, where do I enter it?” There were many confused voices. Currently, there is a supplementary tweet saying, “If you have already reported, this menu will not be displayed.”

This is the Tweet:

Tweet capture with the english translation:

I know I gave my date of birth the first time I logged into “Epic Games Launcher”. I hope that’s enough.

2 Likes

First of all, my apologies for the wrong category, but I can’t find one where I should put it down.
Several days ago, I got an email from Epic Games that requested me to submit my age. The title says. “Action required: Important changes to your Epic account”.

The main content is like this:

• All users should log into their Epic account and report their age, if not previously on record, by February 6, 2023.

So, I clicked the link and it brought me to my profile page. However, there is no section to input age. At that moment, a thought flashed through my mind. It could be a new scam!!!
Thus, I’d like to make it sure if the following is the right email address from Epic Games.
help@mail.epicgames.com

I know that Epic is reworking the privacy and age configuration of their services, so it’s quite possibly legit.

The main thing is to mouse over the link before clicking it. Does it link to a proper Epic site?

Linking

1 Like

I have the same problem. I posted some info about it in this other post:

I did. the only categories I see is Account information, Personal details, Address, Company, Company address, Download Account Information, and Delete account.

Account Info and Personal details do not have Date of birth field in them!

I checked page source like @Juande did and I found out the same thing. I think you guys should at least extend the deadline before you fix this problem.

Yes, if you gave it when you first logged in, you’d be all good to go.

1 Like