Where can i get the vred datasmith plugin

I feel so sorry to bother you so many times, but a new problem appeared, I wonder if I did something wrong.
Datasmith plugin was successfully added in the UI of Vred with your help, and I exported the model in Vred in a .fbx file. What I feel confused is that when I imported it into Unreal Engine(I’ve already enabled the Datasmith FBX Importer\Datasmith Importer plugin), there was no
any window popped out to tip me to the next step, and there was no any change in the content browser.

As I didn’t find tutorials about this, could you help me with this? Thanks again.

In the new VRED version the tags in the fbx files have changed and UE fails to detect that fbx is a VRED fbx.

You are using 5.3.2?
Can you use a 5.4 version from github or not? or do you mind using a new dll?

1 Like

No, I don’t mind using a 5.4 version, but what do you mean using a new dll, what is dll?

You have 2 routes

• replace a file in your UE 5.3.2 install.
    ** save a copy of Engine\Plugins\Enterprise\DatasmithFBXImporter\Binaries\Win64\UnrealEditor-DatasmithVREDTranslator.dll
    ** replace with the one available here Box
  • get the 5.4 version from github and rebuild from source

Amazing, wonderful! You did it, thanks for your help. Another problem is every time I use Datasmith to export models, an error window pops out

Although I clicked the ‘Apply to all following warnings’, it appeared again when I opened another Vred file and exported it to FBX file. Do you have any idea to fix it?

1 Like

I did not have time to look into that, and from a first look it does not seem something on our side.

FYI, I noticed that some materials are not transferred as well with our plugin on VRED 2024. It is not really an issue if you replace materials in UE but that is something I would like to investigate once we get more time.

1 Like

It’s OK, anyway, really thanks for your help