Where are the individual position and velocity solver iteration count settings in UE5?

I’m trying to follow the UE4 Udemy pinball tutorial and to get more accurate Physics he says to increase the values of the solver iteration counts. However, when I look for those same settings in UE5 they seem to have been removed, anyone know where they are or what they were changed to? First image is UE4, second is UE5

Hi Aravell,

There has been a recent switch from Nvidia’s PhysX physics engine to Epics Chaos physics engine. I can’t speak to exactly why those variables might be missing, but I found this post which mentions some ways that Chaos fundamentals are different than PhysX.

So maybe the pinball will naturally behave better with Chaos Physics. (Or worse :face_with_spiral_eyes: ) Also “Stabilization threshold” sounds like it could do something similar. (More solver iterations = higher stability?)

Cheers!

Hi there,
There is a parameter “substepping” that can be enabled in the project settings, Engine Physics section, yet still considered “experimental”.

1 Like