Where are folders of engines versions?

In the installation page setup it doesn’t tell me where EPIC launcher will install the engine versions, I want full control of what and where I install stuff as my C always gets cluttered with stuff so I dedicate a specific HD to Epic but I dunno where are those engines located, where are stored saved the plugins and so in general how do I find and move them to proper folders I want?

Hey @Naimaste! Welcome back!

Your engine versions are generally stored in your C drive C:\Program Files\Epic Games.

Within each of those engine versions you will find your saved plugins. For example, if you want to find the plugins purchased from the marketplace and installed into each engine version, it would be something like this: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace.

I hope the above is the solution you were looking for!

I don’t have such folder, I have a folder with UE in another drive but it shows only a 5.0 , in the launcher it showes I installed 3 other versions but I dunno where they are.

Hey @Naimaste!

A few questions:

• You have your UE versions in a different drive? What files/folders does the folder contain?
  • Are the files you are referring to the engine files or a project?
  • You don’t have an Epic Games folder in either of your program files? These are created automatically and are unrelated to any projects created, just installed engine versions.

I dedicated a whole HD to Epic , this is what I have … https://i.gyazo.com/85064484192d85d6d1888ba6d1c4139d.png
I used for a while then stopped working / playing with it and after some months ( I moved house etc ) I went to install new engines , but I have no idea where those are installed .

Hey @Naimaste,

Your engine would be installed to your main drive (usually C:) when you install as explained above. Your vault cache can easily be set to a different drive but not Engine installs. Have you modified any of your launcher files to achieve your drive change? If so, did you check the file path in those files/manifests? And have you tried running a file search across your system for UE_5.2 and seeing where the results take you?

C:\Program Files\Epic Games @Naimaste . This is the default location where Unreal Engine will be installed if you didn’t change the default installation folder. Let me know if this is helpful.

I know this is an old post however I was looking for a quick answer to the same thing, then I remember that I could click on the Unreal version in the launcher (little down arrow) and select “Create Shortcut”, this places a shortcut on your desktop which you can look at the properties to find where it is installed.