Where are all aliens

In celebration of my 50th game jam anniversary, I have decided to make a game that is called “Where are all the aliens”. This is not really a totally new game, but instead it’s an old game jam game that I have made into a museum/puzzle game.

If you are interested in trying the game, you can find it here:
https://gamejolt.com/games/Whereareallthealiens/654316

or here

What is this game? And why is it so bad?
To make you understand this game, I have to explain a bit about the way I make all of my games. I mostly makes game jam games, and as I have already mentioned, I have now made about 50 (actually 54) of those games. When I make games for the jams, I of course follows the jams rules, but I do also follows my own rules on top of those rules. And my rules are:

• I makes them alone.
  • I use a game engine. (Usually Unreal Engine)
  • I make all programing, art, animations, music, voice acting and sound effects doing the jam. Even if I have similar assets from earlier jams, I always makes new ones.
  • I do NOT use premade or bought assets. (But I do sometimes uses free downloaded Fonts)
  • I do NOT use generators to make for example music or art.
  • I never uses the engines templets.
  • I have absolutely no plans before the jam starts.

“Where are all the aliens” is made with the same rules, but with one small exception and it is that I have used art assets and music from my old jam games.

The game is a adventure game, with a story about the agent JK5000 that has been send to examine a UFO, and to finding all the aliens. The story is mostly told through my voice over. The game do also have a of couple puzzles, so it do have some gameplay, but it’s pretty simple. And do you expect high action in this game, then you will be disappointed because it’s really NOT a part of this game.

And if you play the game to only solve the puzzles and find the aliens, then this game will most definitely disappoint you, and it will really not have much content. But to be honest this is not really the idea with this game, but you are meant to examine and interact with the paintings and the other objects in the UFO. The more you interact with the things, the more story do you get told.

I of course hope you will like the game as much as I do, but I also knows that there is many people that do not like it. And I do get it. The game has no real action, the speed is slow, the gameplay is simplistic and nearly all there is there is a story, and you might not even like the story. And the fact is that I am not a musician, artist, programmer, or actor, and this can of cause be seen and heard. But it’s made with my passion and ideas for what a game can be.

How shall I play the game
I will recommend if you play the game, to put on some headphones, sit down and relax. Expect to hear a story and don’t really expect to play a game. Don’t fear the weirdness and what you might think is really bad humor, but let it just be a part of the experience. Yes, this game do not follow the “rules” of what makes good action packed games, but if you can accept that, and just let the game be what it is, I actually think you can have fun playing this game.

Thank you for your attention
I, as everybody else that is making games, hope you will come play my game. And if you do, I am always interested in hearing what you are think about the game.

Good luck and have fun

This game is apparently not what you wanted to try, so I have decided make a new version of the game. And this time I have turned the idea around. You can now try the new and much better version here:

Where are all the aliens - The better version

And before you ask, yes the game is much faster now. And yes the game is totally free to play.

Good luck and have fun