Warning: Multipart question. I’ll try to make the actual questions clear and obvious.
I saw some news articles that suggested that UE4 would eventually support Project Tango natively. However, I currently don’t see a card for it on the UE4 project roadmap. I am not currently a subscriber, but I’m ready to take the plunge with a little extra knowledge.
- Does any support for Tango currently exist above and beyond standard Android 4.4?
- Can this support be accessed in any way?
The SDK is downloadable in two forms, a java form (one file, .jar) and a c form (two files, .h and .so).
- Would it be possible to set up a project to use the available downloadable sdk?
- If so, would it be possible to wrap these in such a way that they’d be available as blueprints, or would I be limited to text based code editing?
I’m not completely familiar with how device profiles work, and I’m having trouble searching for what I need to know.
- What parameters about the device need to be known in order to set up a device profile?
- Generically, are there any other things I should be considering that I may not be aware of when learning to develop on a custom device with UE4?
Thanks in advance for the help. My apologies for the bombardment of questions.