When packaging any project using Engine built from source, Engine modules seem forced to being compiled

Hello,

I’m currently trying to use a 4.26.0 engine I compiled from source, but packaging any project ends up compiling what seems to be engine modules :

This is the case for every first package on any projects created using this engine, which in itself isn’t that big of a problem, but iterating on the same project may sometimes force this whole compilation to happen again. This is obviously a huge time wasting hazard.

I tried solutions on older topics, and while some have allowed me to skip this compilation when building only my game project in VisualStudio, these haven’t been able to solve this problem when packaging in editor.

Is there any solutions known for this issue ?

3 Likes

Ohh, i have the same issue but with 5.0.3 release engine version. I builded it with Development Editor configuration.

To compare “Intermediate” folder of my “engine from source” and “engine from launcher”, they have different precompiled configurations.

“Engine from launcher” has “Development” and “Shipping” precompiled object files, and in the other hand → “Engine from source” has only “Development” as i builded it only with “Development Editor” configuration.

I am building my game with “Development” configuration and i thought that it will not need to recompile “engine” source but it does. And more over, when i start to package my game with “development” configuration and “editor” start to compile “engine” binaries, they going to my game “intermediate” folder that seems to be unlogical ((

help me please ) !!!
May be i need to build engine with all possible configurations and then it will not need to rebuild it every time with every new project based on it ?

1 Like