When Listview added to the viewport it causes lags

Hi,

My problem is when I add a new item to the listview and It tries to add it to the viewport, the game / editor freezes for 1-2 seconds. I have a fairly high-end pc, widget drawing should not be a problem.

So I checked with stat startfile and I can see every single thread is wait and sleep cpu stall, except the game thread where the game UI paint runs. I found this widget and unplugged everything on the event graph, but it has the same behavior. The problem is clearly happens when It adds to viewport. I set the visibility to hidden on all items and the same happens. When I set the visibility on the widget itself ( attached ) it has no issue at all ( but obviously nothing visible so it is not really a solution ). Any suggestion welcome. The widget had been duplicated and replaced with the new one already. One more important stuff, after it happened once ( in editor ) after I start the level again and add this widget to the viewport it does not cause any performance issue ( in the game restart is just not possible for various reasons ) After I restart the editor same behavior.

Bump.Bump.

The same thing happened to me, but when I looked at the log file in Project/Saved/Logs,

it was because I had set the TickFrequency of ListItem to Never.

Maybe it’s the TickFrequency for you too.

Thanks for the advice. I believe this would have fixed the problem, but since I made a new system and do not use it anymore I cannot really test it. I hope will help others :slight_smile: