when importing from the blender, textures that are connected to the material show an error

Hello, I’m importing a character with materials from a blender, after importing, materials are created in which each texture is connected to the right channel, but it says “error”

under the texture, clicking on each texture shows that the texture is right there, this is corrected by clicking on the “Material Expression Texture Base” menu on a small magnifying glass and then on an arrow
, and since my character has 3 skins and 5 materials in each skin, it’s too painful to click on each material, is it possible to do it faster?

I’m amazed you got this far!

Generally speaking, you have to make your materials from scratch, in the engine. So, nothing comes across correctly from Blender.

I do this with an addon Better FBX Importer & Exporter - YouTube and there is no such error in the video

in general, I noticed that such errors occur when you change something in the texture, it gives an error in the material, but after reconnecting it, the error disappears, and I think maybe there are people here who will help me with this

Ah, you didn’t mention you were using a plugin :slight_smile:

Unfortunately there is no material editor equivalent of ‘refresh node’.

Have you tried?

I haven’t tried it, but I would like to find a free option :slightly_smiling_face:

15 bucks, it’s nearly free :slight_smile:

There seem to be mixed reviews, I assume it has strengths and weaknesses.

( It was free in the beginning)

there were no such problems in the video, and I assume that there will be a person who will tell me that when importing, you need to click some kind of tick and everything will magically work :slightly_smiling_face:

Do you have the most recent version?

yes, but I make characters for ue4 marketplace and therefore use version 4.26 so that you could specify an earlier version when publishing

Is there any support? I would try that…

Maybe someone comes along here…

it would be cool, it would save a huge amount of time

I wanted to supplement the “normal map” in all materials is displayed normally

1 Like