When importing FBX ,it turns into Pieces why?

Hello , how are you
i just wanted to ask and understand , when i import any fbx , i got it as many many parts and i even can’y move them normaly , because the single part is very far away from the navigation arrows . why ? and how i deal with that ?

Thank you

Hi ,

I think the problem is that when you import the mesh, you don’t check “Combine Meshes” and that’s why your mesh gets imported as separate pieces. Try reimporting again, but this time, when the import menu appears, click on the arrow of Mesh category to show advanced options and check “Combine Meshes” option.

If you combine these meshes, the issue with the navigation arrows should get fixed. Though, in general, the reason that navigation arrows appear far from your mesh is that the mesh’ pivot is originally off. To fix the pivot you have to use another 3D software such as Maya, 3ds Max, or Blender to put it somewhere appropriate.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

THANK YOoooU , the problem solved , and i will change the pivot place with my 3Ds Max

You’re most welcome :slight_smile:

In future, if you have a question where you want me to also specifically look into it, please use my handle in a comment beneath your original question instead of just calling me in the text. I will not get any notification and might miss your question if you don’t address me properly.

Until next time!

you mean after writing my question to you , i put a comment with ??
like mention # in Social media ?

That’s right :wink: Not only will everyone else look into your question, but also I get a separate notification and if I’m available, I’ll take a look at it for you. It was quite by chance that I saw your question today :slight_smile:

And also don’t write your questions to me. Write them to the whole community and just simply mention me in a comment if you want :slight_smile: Other people might know a better answer and might be able to help you better and faster!

I’ll do it , Thank you i really appreciate your help , you represent a guide for me , as i told you i’m n’t very professional in UE4 . THaaaANK YOUUUUUU

So let’s say my project is going to have about 80 fbx models. Will I need to repeat this process 80 times?