When I use "Save all" it creates a new level

1. Save the level by pressing the Save icon on the top left of the Viewport screen.
  2. Close the program, the save panel will appear on the screen. Uncheck levels from here.
  3. Save, close the program and open it again.
    Problem is solved!
3 Likes

Apparently this is a known bug in UE5, it’s caused by having Autosaves of your level, solutions are:

1- Save all before Autosave gets to kick in.
2- Disable Autosave and only save manually.
3- Save the level as whatever names and delete them, they are not used and don’t matter in your game at all.

1 Like

Thanks it work for me

1 Like

If you want to keep the autosave for the maps, you can press ctrl + alt + shift + s to open a window that allows you to select the assets you want to save, just deselect those whose name contains “auto”. It also seems that Unreal Engine remembers which ones you have selected the last time you used this method in the same session.

may be unsaved changes in the level that are not being recognized by UE5, causing it to prompt for a new save location.

This problem have appeard for me when UE creates new auto saves for different files.

When I press “save all” I deselect all files named something “auto” and the issue is gone

this has been happening for a long time, i haven’t modified any editor settings, still happening in 5.2, any workarounds?

1 Like

did work for me, idk, this problem is weird.

This is really annoying, you end up having loads of versions of the project saved. Also if you have a lot of stuff in the sequencer, after saving as a new level you have to reassign everything.

Will try the methods mentioned above next time it happens, hopefully this isn’t an issue in 5.3 as I’m using 5.2 for this project.

I get this happening to me if I use UE for more than a couple hours. How TF is this still a problem? Are they trying to fix anything in their software or did they just give up?!

To address the issue of UE5 prompting to save a new level when using “Save All” in a C++ project:

1. Check for unsaved changes in the level.
  2. Ensure project and level files are not set to read-only.
  3. Review Editor Preferences for any settings affecting saving.
  4. Verify project configuration settings for levels.
  5. Update UE5 to the latest version.
  6. Temporarily disable third-party plugins to check for conflicts.
  7. Review C++ code for custom save logic :slightly_smiling_face: