When I enter a trigger death zone my actor dies, but sets a check point as well

The issue atm is when the player dies in “some” trigger death areas it also saves a checkpoint and starts an endless loop of death. I use Component Begin Overlap for my checkpoints as well as my trigger death. In some areas of my map if I die in the trigger death “box” it sets a checkpoint where I enter the “box”. It doesnt happen everywhere I enter trigger death, but is this caused by both blueprints starting on overlap?

Attached images of my Checkpoint BP and Trigger Death BP

Have you tried just not putting the checkpoints and death points in the same place?

None of them are near each other, its a bit of a platformer so I have it when you fall down too far into water it would kill you, but it saves when you hit water and starts that death loop. Heres a screenshot where a checkpoint is on the cliff to the right, if I hit the water at the bottom center it triggers a save (I have a trigger death basically over the whole water plane).

Surely when they hit the water, it should re-load from the checkpoint?

Thats what I want, but as I said once I touch the trigger death it seems to trigger a save, which would cause me to re-load inside the trigger death.

There must be something going on that’s not shown here then. Everything here looks fine.

You have to chop and test. Turn off autosave ( just in case ), remove the death box, what happens when you jump in the water?

I cut out a death animation from my death function and so far that seems to have stopped the issue im having. Not sure if that was the specific cause or the animation was hooked up improperly. Either way thanks for the help.

I cut out a death animation from my death function and so far that seems to have stopped the issue im having. Not sure if that was the specific cause or the animation was hooked up improperly. Either way thanks for the help.