When downloading my game from Google Play store I get a "No OBB Found" error - UE 4.26.2

Hey all,

I’m using UE version 4.26.2 and I’m trying to upload my mobile game project to the Google Play store but I keep getting this error whenever I install it from the Store for internal testing:

“No Google Play Store Key – No OBB found and no store key to try to download. Please set one up in Android Project Settings”

The project builds and uploads to the Play Store fine and I have a the app signed with a key per this UE4 doc, and I can install the game to my phone directly from my PC with no issues. The problem comes from the version that gets downloaded from the Play Store which is being uploaded from an AAB file. As for the Google Store Key, I have it set in the Dev Console for Google to automatically create one (and it has).

Here is a list of things I’ve tried based on Google searches:

• Upload a build that includes debug files
  • Upload a build that includes app-local prerequisites
  • Upload a build that has the “Disable verify OBB on first start/update” box checked
  • Uploaded builds for armv7, arm64, and both
  • Targeted multiple SDKs, currently my minimum is 19 and my Target is 30
  • In Android Studio version 3.5.3, disabled all SDKs and only enabled SDK 28.0.3
  • In Android Studio 3.5.3, enabled the SDK platforms for API level 18 to 31
  • Fresh install of Android 3.5.3 and new key generated
  • Uninstalled 3.5.3 entirely and switched to Android Studio 4.0
  • In Android Studio 4.0, enabled the SDK platforms for API level 18 to 31
  • In Android Studio version 4.0, disabled SDK 31.0.0 and enabled SDK 28.0.3, 29.02, 30.02, and 30.03
  • Migrated levels to a fresh blank project, Did fresh install of Android Studio 4.0 as well, then repeated the UE4 and 4.0 related steps above

From what I can tell the OBB file is included in the AAB that’s being uploaded, but for some reason no device I’ve tested this out on can recognize it. That being said this is the first time I’ve done anything related to mobile and I might just be talking out of my ■■■ lol.

At this point I’ve been working on this issue for 3 days now and I’m kind of running low on options to try. Has anyone else had this issue? If you need further information from me just name it and I’ll get it to you. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.