When creating a blueprint class i was led to believe that a tab "event graph" would show up alongside "viewport" yet mine isn't. Ive reinstalled. Ive deleted and recreated the blueprint class/ everyth

Anyone know why my event graph isnt coming up once im in the blue print mode? ive tried all and im honestly losing my mind. im completely new to this so forgive me if im just stupid but i have done all possible things to get this tab “event graph” to show up

Try resetting the editor

In the main editor window:

Window → Load layout → Default editor layout

If that doesn’t work, can you show a full screenshot of the problem?

Perhaps you closed the tab by accident? You can reopen it by double clicking the event graph on the left.

I’ve reset the editor a dozen times, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled. I’ve checked all possible areas that i could think to find this thing. That search bar under the blueprint tab doesnt have the event graph for me and i have zero clue as to why. Once again im new to all of this so i could be missing it to something obvious but as it is i am very very stuck.

Hey ReacherXX,

Your post must be coming up in regular unreal-engine, ClockworkOcean and 3DRaven are using UE

I don’t think UEFN has an Event Graph

I honestly didn’t know there was a branch off or whatever. Downloading UE now… thank you so much for clearing this up for me and thanks to the others for trying to help!

1 Like

Now worries, UEFN is for fortnite only

1 Like

Sorry hardcawcanary, this may seem like a stupid question and I’m not even sure if you’ll see this but if I’m wanting to make a fortnite game. Does UEFN allow for certain actions such as breaking an object to automatically issue shield/weapon? ( not an item that already allows for such a thing in game, for example could I set things up to where when a lamp post is broken it’ll issue 15 shield and if you break 5 of them you get a gun or some type of item/weapon? like are things like that possible within UEFN? I didn’t know UE didn’t have the fortnite island templates and that it’s basically a completely different setup then UEFN.

1 Like

Nvm Sorry. thanks again lol!

Hey ReacherXX,

Yeah UE is not for fortnite, some things are compatible because they are both using UE engine, but if you want to make fortnite games you gotta use UEFN.

Yes, you can do that in UEFN, there is a category in the Content Browser under Fortnite/Devices, this contains all the functional stuff you’ll need to make a game.

Fortnite Props have a breakable option, usually on by default.
When you place a Prop Manipulator Device onto a lamp post, or make it a volume to contain a few items at once.
Then you’ll need an Item Granter Device add items to it and use its User Option Functions to grant items when the Prop Manipulator Device detects its props damaged or destroyed.
You can set the item granter to drop the items at the player location.

You can use a Tracker Device, set to track events, to count when the item granter has granted 5 times and another item granter to grant the weapon.

There are a heap of devices that can send events to each other

1 Like

You’re a god send. I’ve been losing my mind trying to figure this all out but knowing it’s all possible and that they give you all that you need is freakin huge. Seriously thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.