I have 4.1.0 running on my Mac compiled from the source and everything is working fine, except when building for iOS.
This is what I get at the end of the iOS build process:
LogPlayLevel:Display: Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
LogPlayLevel:Display: Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationScripts.Automation: **Missing UE4Editor-Cmd.exe executable. Needs to be built first.**
LogPlayLevel:Display: Stacktrace: at Project.Cook (AutomationTool.ProjectParams Params) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
LogPlayLevel:Display: at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun (AutomationTool.ProjectParams Params) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
LogPlayLevel:Display: at BuildCookRun.ExecuteBuild () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
LogPlayLevel:Display: at BuildCommand.Execute () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
LogPlayLevel:Display: **Program.Main: ERROR: Missing UE4Editor-Cmd.exe executable. Needs to be built first.**
LogPlayLevel:Display: ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
LogPlayLevel:Display: cp: log*.txt: No such file or directory
LogPlayLevel:Display: RunUAT ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
I rebuilt the iOS Xcode project and recompiled the engine and editor with no success. Am I missing a target or something? Because I also can’t find anything about UE4Editor-Cmd.
What configuration did you build? The output message is a little misleading as we convert UE4Editor-Cmd.exe to UE4Editor.app/Contents/MacOS/UE4Editor. So if it can’t find that, you’ll get the above error message. If you only built in Debug, Shipping, or Test, then it won’t find UE4Editor and will fail. That’s probably what is going on here. If you can post a log, that would be great.
You’ll need to edit the Scheme for UE4Editor. Go to the Product menu, select the Scheme sub-menu and scroll all the way to bottom where you will find Edit Scheme (short cut is Cmd<). In the Info section you will see Build Configuration. Change that from Debug to Development. Then every time you build it will build the Development configuration.
That solved one of my problems of many. It was a clue. I have navigated on my mac to the location, the tool did exist, but there was no execute permission on it. So I have executed chmod 755 PVRTexToolCL and that solved days of pain. Finally I have managed to run the C++ version of the third person shooter on my iphone 5s. Smoothly.