What you think Guy's it's good laptop for Unreal Engine 5/4

I want to make Games. I am solo developer.
I want to make in Unreal Engine 5/4 Games, Assets, Films, Animation and CGI. If I buying this laptop. It’s working & I just don’t want freeze.
ASUS ROG Strix Scar 15 (2022) Gaming Laptop, 15.6” 300Hz IPS FHD Display, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti,Intel Core i9 12900H, 16GB DDR5, 1TB SSD

What you think Guy’s. It’s Good Laptop for Unreal Engine 5/4?

It depends on what you plan to specialize in, or what areas you are interested in playing around with. The industry is big. That setup will work for some projects but isn’t ideal for others.

I personally value the costs and productivity advantages of a full desktop rig. It gives you the flexibility to optimize it for new project work. Also, having multimonitor (more than 2) support is a tremendous time saver.

In this industry, time is your currency. Everything seemingly takes forever and there’s never enough time.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I’m really so sorry.
It’s my CPU 5 GHz core_i9_12900h.

It’s means I can use or no?

I just wanted to make horror games. But, Animation + Assets. Indie games

No problem, happy to give some thoughts. Again, it depends on what you are planning to do and how much you think that might evolve. The horror genre varies from 2D pixel art platformers to realistic simulation 3D shooters.

Is that a good laptop? Yes, yes it is. There’s a lot you can do with it. Would it make an optimal machine for game development? Arguably no, depending on your particular specialization, personal situation, and preferences.

Can you lay out a bit more about what you want to do and where you might see yourself in a couple of years?

1 Like

To be honest. I want to work creating games. 3d and 2d games, animations and movies, Photoshop, Sony Vegas (I want to make trailers), Blender (I want to make Assets).

Honestly It’s my dream. I want to make everything. Sadly I am not have so much money for buying strongly laptop.

I want to make in Unreal Engine 5/4 Games (3D & 2D), Vegas (I want to make horror movies and Trailers), Photoshop (Make Pics), UE and Blender (I want to make assets).

After I know Flutter Dart :blush:

Just because I learn everything. I like learning programming languages.

Please forgive me I wasted your time. You very helpful me. Thank you so much

I just one thing understand it’s not good working in Unreal Engine 5/4?

It will be a fine system for coding, some light playing around in the Unreal Engine, and photoshop. That system will start to feel limited if you get into 3D environment work where high-resolution materials are needed, or CGI rendering. Generally, guys that do work in this area operate custom-built desktops with 32GBs or 64GBs of ram, and top-tier desktop-class GPUs.

If you are limited on your budget, you may want to consider building your own desktop PC, as you’ll get something more powerful for your money than a laptop.

1 Like

It’s means if I buying 32GB ram it’s working fine.

Honestly I can’t find normally desktop. Just because I buying laptop