What would be the best Cloud Service Platform to upload and download assets in an Unreal Engine Project Application

I have started a project which has lots of assets, and i dont want to package all the assets in the final build. I want the to assets to be stored in a cloud service from where i can download the assets which is required as per as needs. I am still not sure which cloud service to choose to start learning ? Any heads up will be helpful.

Hey there @Night05Fury! For my project that requires a launcher with larger downloads I currently host on an Amazon AWS S3 instance with pay by use. However it’s not often the packages get downloaded, so it’s moderately cheap. Azure blob storage instances are another common one, though I have no experience in that arena.

1 Like

If you’re going to ship on (only) Steam, you could just use their Depot storage mechanism.

Otherwise, you could try something like PlayFab or a competing product. For development, you can use many of these kinds of services for free.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.