What Unreal Engine version I must use for my PC?

Hello everyone. I’m a beginner in this and I need some feedback about my PC capacity for moving Unreal.
I have an HP laptop
The features are:
-Micro intel core I5
-RAM 8GB DDR3 1600 MHZ
-SSD 512 GB Disc
-Graphic: Radeon 7600 HDMI 1GB

I want to make a FPS as graphically high as possible with my PC.
Which is the latest/best Unreal version I can move? Can I even use Unreal? If I should buy improvements for my PC what do you recomend?
Thanks!

No currently supported version of Unreal Editor will work well on that machine.
It has too little RAM, and too little VRAM.
I would recommend a graphics card with at least 4 GB VRAM and for main RAM at least 24 GB of system RAM. More is better.

Now, I may be wrong. It’s free to try, You could just download it, start one of the simple template projects, and see if it works at all. But my guess is you’ll have a hard time getting anything working.

1 Like

Hey there @Defalt2022! Welcome to the community! I’ll recommend giving 4.27 a try, but it’s going to be rough to say the least.

So the consensus with the community usually remains that lower end laptops tend to struggle even when they meet the minimum requirements due to temperature gating. Regardless I’ll leave the official hardware spec page here for your reading.

For the most part I agree with @jwatte, if you’re trying to have any quality of life in the engine I like to recommend more ram 8 is fine, but 16 is where you’ll stop banging your elbows, and 2-4gbs of VRAM.

My secondary work laptop isn’t too much stronger than your specs, and it struggles pretty deeply to run the editor regularly, especially if I start working on more intensive scenes. If it’s in the budget, I’d definitely recommend an upgrade in your future, but you should be able to barely run the engine at the lowest possible scalability if you can keep your temperatures perfect.

2 Likes

I’d be quite surprised if that was capable of running anything more than an empty room, if you can even get the engine to start on it.

1 Like

Thank you!

Thank you a lot for your support.