What TV shows do you watch?

I haven’t had to much time lately to watch TV but I watch Walking Dead, a little bit of the Blacklist and Price is Right! :slight_smile:

Not much:

Once Upon a Time.
Flash.
Grimm.
Game of Thrones.
Defiance.

Just so we are clear. I listed only those which are on going, not those I watched in the past and are no longer continued.

[=;269968]
Agreed. I’ll check out your suggestions as well, thanks for the heads up.

Person of Interest - before I had watched Fringe I would have put POI as the best show ever. Now it’s #2 (so far, still more seasons to go) after Fringe. I love the lore and atmosphere of the show. It takes a bit to pick up (around 1.5 seasons) but when it does, it’s ridiculously good. The characters are superb, the actors whether it be series regular, recurring, or guest stars are just incredible. Even the music composed by Ramin Djwadi is enough to watch the show alone. I really love how they’ve built up the antagonist of the current season since the beginning of the show. It feels as if everything has been leading to this point, and the way they weave some of the subtleties of each episode together down the line in ways you wouldn’t have thought of are just insane. It’s a really underrated show, much like Fringe was in it’s time from what I hear. I just hope this one has the good fortune of getting a proper ending. The cast is amazing, Jim Caviezel, Emerson, Taraji P. Henson, Chapman, Sarah Shahi, Amy Acker, Cara Buono, Enrico Colantoni, Boris McGiver, Clarke Peters, Leslie Odom Jr. (One of the best antagonists ever), Snow, and many many more. I could keep going lol, but suffice to say it has fantastic writing, cast and music. Do you watch it?

I watched two full seasons and I stopped just to condense the amount of shows I was watching, but I always felt a bit bad about doing so.
It wasn’t a bad show and I’m happy to know it is still going strong , quality wise.

I may just give it another shot.

~

The only show I’m currently watching is Arrow. Feel like the show has taken a back seat to Flash though, liked the writing in the 1st season better, also felt like the fights had better choreographing back .

Waiting for the next season of Archer. Need to watch the last season of White Collar some day.

There’s plenty of good shows out there that I know I’d love; but I don’t have the time to dedicate to them, prefer to allocate it elsewhere. So I just don’t check out new shows and avoid getting hooked. :smiley:

[=MuchToLearn;275971]
The only show I’m currently watching is Arrow. Feel like the show has taken a back seat to Flash though, liked the writing in the 1st season better, also felt like the fights had better choreographing back .

Waiting for the next season of Archer. Need to watch the last season of White Collar some day.

There’s plenty of good shows out there that I know I’d love; but I don’t have the time to dedicate to them, prefer to allocate it elsewhere. So I just don’t check out new shows and avoid getting hooked. :smiley:

Season 3 of Arrow has been odd… the second half has been really slow and well the main antagonist isn’t really as convincing as those from Season 2 were.
Personally, I feel that the main problem is the villain they chose. I mean he’s such a prominent DC figure, you can’t kill him. I can’t really even see a conclusion to this storyline to be honest and the whole plot in general took a turn for the mundane.

Hopefully it will pick up, but Arrow definitely is taking a back seat to the Flash which makes perfect sense. The Flash is new, so they need to keep people hooked. Many of us have already invested three seasons into Arrow and will continue to watch it because of that. Not to mention the Flash has a larger audience (it’s not as violent/dark as Arrow, but not as light as say… Once Upon a Time; it’s the perfect family show).

For me, Season 2 of Arrow was the best so far.

~

I agree on Arrow, this season didn’t really feel like it had a real consistent threat as you felt with Deathstroke. Although don’t even get me started on how he was defeated, given the man usually wins 9/10 against Batman himself. Season 3 felt like it was going in too many directions, I’m somewhat optimistic that it will get better now that it’s near the end but I’m not sure. I wasn’t able to get into Flash, Arrow has been kind of cringe worthy at times but Flash seems to take that to the thousandth level.

Te only one I watch that almost nobody talked about yet is Hannibal.

[=;276615]
I agree on Arrow, this season didn’t really feel like it had a real consistent threat as you felt with Deathstroke. Although don’t even get me started on how he was defeated, given the man usually wins 9/10 against Batman himself. Season 3 felt like it was going in too many directions, I’m somewhat optimistic that it will get better now that it’s near the end but I’m not sure. I wasn’t able to get into Flash, Arrow has been kind of cringe worthy at times but Flash seems to take that to the thousandth level.

When I watched the Flash pilot I hated it. It was cringeworthy and just odd.

When Arrow and the Flash had the crossover episode I was enjoying some of the Flash characters so I decided to watch Flash the next week which was the mid season finale. That episode was just fantastic. I really enjoyed it so I decided to pick up the show. I still haven’t watched episodes 2-7 and it really didn’t affect much. If you were considering trying the Flash again just watch the pilot and skip to the crossover episode go from there.

From the way the second half of the season has been, it’s generally better than Arrow. Although the Flash has a lighter tone, I feel it’s more humanizing. Barry Allen seems less like a guy in a suit and more like a young human being. I guess that could be attributed to the fact that Barry has a personality unlike Oliver who, while fun to watch, is extremely moody and a static character. Gustin plays Barry well and it made for some good TV when Barry was emotional since he’s usually such a happy go lucky guy. The supporting cast is fun and the main antagonist is great (and not dull). All in all a good show I recommend giving it another go.

I actually was fine with Slade’s end just because I enjoyed the fight (I loved the cut to the flashback and cutting back to the present day).

I’m hoping Arrow gets better.

With that said what are your thoughts on the spin off for Ray Palmer?
It’s an interesting decision to say the least…

~

[=;276656]
When I watched the Flash pilot I hated it. It was cringeworthy and just odd.

When Arrow and the Flash had the crossover episode I was enjoying some of the Flash characters so I decided to watch Flash the next week which was the mid season finale. That episode was just fantastic. I really enjoyed it so I decided to pick up the show. I still haven’t watched episodes 2-7 and it really didn’t affect much. If you were considering trying the Flash again just watch the pilot and skip to the crossover episode go from there.

From the way the second half of the season has been, it’s generally better than Arrow. Although the Flash has a lighter tone, I feel it’s more humanizing. Barry Allen seems less like a guy in a suit and more like a young human being. I guess that could be attributed to the fact that Barry has a personality unlike Oliver who, while fun to watch, is extremely moody and a static character. Gustin plays Barry well and it made for some good TV when Barry was emotional since he’s usually such a happy go lucky guy. The supporting cast is fun and the main antagonist is great (and not dull). All in all a good show I recommend giving it another go.

I actually was fine with Slade’s end just because I enjoyed the fight (I loved the cut to the flashback and cutting back to the present day).

I’m hoping Arrow gets better.

With that said what are your thoughts on the spin off for Ray Palmer?
It’s an interesting decision to say the least…

~

I saw the first episode of Flash only. I may check out the rest whenever I get some free time. You’re spot on about Oliver being so grumpy though, that’s been a bit of a drag on the show IMO.

I thought the final fight could have been better. And yeah I suppose because it’s a TV show they have to show him lose, but it shouldn’t have been like they portrayed it in my opinion. This was a guy who held off the entire Justice League, at least let him seem tough to beat on screen. =P

I actually like Ray Palmer, he’s provided some needed energy to the show. I’m looking forward to seeing how the spinoff works, especially since Caity Lotz is supposed to be involved in it.

check out Black Mirror if you get chance

The Ellen DeGeneres Show

[=;277291]
I saw the first episode of Flash only. I may check out the rest whenever I get some free time. You’re spot on about Oliver being so grumpy though, that’s been a bit of a drag on the show IMO.

I thought the final fight could have been better. And yeah I suppose because it’s a TV show they have to show him lose, but it shouldn’t have been like they portrayed it in my opinion. This was a guy who held off the entire Justice League, at least let him seem tough to beat on screen. =P

I actually like Ray Palmer, he’s provided some needed energy to the show. I’m looking forward to seeing how the spinoff works, especially since Caity Lotz is supposed to be involved in it.

I actually re-watched the fight again, and maybe in the heat of the moment I didn’t realize Oliver just punched him a few times threw a rope arrow over him.

Maybe it would have been better had they not physically fought and instead just show that as a flashback. In the present day it could have been that the mirakuru (did I spell that correctly?) cure neutralized Slade…
I don’t know, but I see what you mean.

I think I’m enjoying Ray more now that he’s leaving. They seemed to be given him better lines during these last few episodes and I guess anything is better than Broody McBroodsome.
It’s actually a bit worrying that this season of Arrow has fallen considering it’s only three seasons. If a show stumbles during its fifth season, I can generally forgive it, but to be teetering so early isn’t so good.

again it is Arrow, so I’m sure this is just a snag and nothing too big.

Definitely give the Flash another try. It really is a show that can surprise you.

With Caity Lotz being on the spin-off I do wonder if they bring back Sara.
If they don’t, I really hope they never do a crossover.
Just imagine Oliver and her character face to face without a mention of Sara, unless the writers are attempting to erase the fact that Lotz played Sara at all.

I have hopes for the spinoff. The Flash turned out to be great, so I don’t see why this spinoff can’t be either.

Still, I’m upset with DC for not creating one coherent universe. With the Flash movie coming out, I’m scared to see what might have to happen to the show.

With the end approaching, what are your thoughts for the final few episodes and next season of Arrow. With HIVE as a focal point are you excited?

~

As a side note, for anyone who watches it Poldark (2015) just ended and it was one of the best finales I have watched in a long time.

I advise you to watch the show, don’t let the fact that it’s a period piece throw you off. The show is well written and engrossing.

Check it out.

~

[=;279862]
I actually re-watched the fight again, and maybe in the heat of the moment I didn’t realize Oliver just punched him a few times threw a rope arrow over him.

Maybe it would have been better had they not physically fought and instead just show that as a flashback. In the present day it could have been that the mirakuru (did I spell that correctly?) cure neutralized Slade…
I don’t know, but I see what you mean.

I think I’m enjoying Ray more now that he’s leaving. They seemed to be given him better lines during these last few episodes and I guess anything is better than Broody McBroodsome.
It’s actually a bit worrying that this season of Arrow has fallen considering it’s only three seasons. If a show stumbles during its fifth season, I can generally forgive it, but to be teetering so early isn’t so good.

again it is Arrow, so I’m sure this is just a snag and nothing too big.

Definitely give the Flash another try. It really is a show that can surprise you.

With Caity Lotz being on the spin-off I do wonder if they bring back Sara.
If they don’t, I really hope they never do a crossover.
Just imagine Oliver and her character face to face without a mention of Sara, unless the writers are attempting to erase the fact that Lotz played Sara at all.

I have hopes for the spinoff. The Flash turned out to be great, so I don’t see why this spinoff can’t be either.

Still, I’m upset with DC for not creating one coherent universe. With the Flash movie coming out, I’m scared to see what might have to happen to the show.

With the end approaching, what are your thoughts for the final few episodes and next season of Arrow. With HIVE as a focal point are you excited?

~

I think they will bring her back using the Lazarus Pit. It would feel cheap if she came back to play another character. I know they recast Sara before, but that would be harder than the 10 second screen time her original actress had. I’m looking forward to the spinoff as well. DC had an opportunity to match what Marvel is doing with their cinematic universe, by having Shield and Daredevil among others share the same space. At the very least they can have a TV universe. They were supposed to do a live action Teen Titans series which would have been cool, not sure if it’s still happening or if it will share the same universe as the CW. Especially since Cyborg seems to have been cast for the spinoff already.

I haven’t really read much about HIVE, but Deadshot is probably one of my favorite characters on the show thus far so it will be interesting to see where it goes. The actor that portrays him does a good job in my opinion, he would have been perfect for the Suicide Squad movie.

I am also curious how they will handle the Flash. If their rationale for keeping Batman and Superman off of the small screen is because they fear people will not be able to distinguish between them, it doesn’t bode well.

[=;280473]
I think they will bring her back using the Lazarus Pit. It would feel cheap if she came back to play another character. I know they recast Sara before, but that would be harder than the 10 second screen time her original actress had. I’m looking forward to the spinoff as well. DC had an opportunity to match what Marvel is doing with their cinematic universe, by having Shield and Daredevil among others share the same space. At the very least they can have a TV universe. They were supposed to do a live action Teen Titans series which would have been cool, not sure if it’s still happening or if it will share the same universe as the CW. Especially since Cyborg seems to have been cast for the spinoff already.

I haven’t really read much about HIVE, but Deadshot is probably one of my favorite characters on the show thus far so it will be interesting to see where it goes. The actor that portrays him does a good job in my opinion, he would have been perfect for the Suicide Squad movie.

I am also curious how they will handle the Flash. If their rationale for keeping Batman and Superman off of the small screen is because they fear people will not be able to distinguish between them, it doesn’t bode well.

As much as it would feel cheap, at the same time I hope the Lazarus Pit doesn’t become overused. They already used it within an episode of a death…

Even Sara comes back as well it would make sense for the spin-off, but it may detract from the tension in Arrow.

It would be great if DC would just put together one universe. I don’t particularly like Marvel’s latest works, but at least everything is consistent with them. Agents of Shield is in the same universe of the Avengers movie series. It just makes things so much better, since Marvel allows their TV Shows to use movie storylines.

I’m assuming the reason Arrow has been throwing stuff out with no care lately is because they fear they will lose the ability to use certain storylines in the future. Which is sad.

The Flash, I can already see, is going to be a mess when the movie comes out. I can’t wait to see what DC pulls on the show. Soon enough the main character won’t even be able to be called Barry Allen and “The Flash” will need to be renamed as well.

You would think a big company would be smarter, but I guess not.

~

Guess I’ll toss in a bit. I haven’t had cable in 2-3 years but there are a few things I go out of my way to watch.

Would I Lie To You?
Nevermind the Buzzcocks
Game of Thrones
Parks and Recreation

I’m planning to watch Better Call Saul because I enjoyed Breaking Bad.

This post spikes my interest!

One show that I’ve been watching lately is Orphan Black. The new season just started and man oh man is it good!
If you have spare time I recommend watching the first episode.

Another show is Silicon Valley. It’s got some funny moments.

Yet another is Lost Girl.

Just finished watching Bosch from Amazon. That was a really good show, glad they’re bringing it back for another season. Hope there are many more. =)

Getting addicted to CSI lately…

Which CSI? My favorite has to be Miami. Though I wish it had a proper ending.