What TV shows do you watch?

I’ve seen quite a few interesting promos for the 100. Unfortunately I don’t have time to add it to my backlog of tv shows. =(

As far as live action shows it’s just Game of Thrones for me really (guhhh moar books when!?), I guess Vikings is alright too.
Currently enjoying Tokyo Ghoul, need to find more anime to watch.

Friends, King Of Queens and re-watching X-Files before the new episodes comes :smiley:

[=Xerithas;264424]
As far as live action shows it’s just Game of Thrones for me really (guhhh moar books when!?), I guess Vikings is alright too.
Currently enjoying Tokyo Ghoul, need to find more anime to watch.

Vikings is another show I want to eventually see. Been hearing good things about it.

Stopped watching Walking Dead after Season 5.2.
Currently Vampire Diaries , The Originals , Big bang theory and Game of thrones are the only shows I watch.
Might create Winterfell for the marketplace :smiley:

Stopped watching Walking Dead after Season 5.2.
Currently Vampire Diaries , The Originals , Big bang theory and Game of thrones are the only shows I watch.
Might create Winterfell for the marketplace :smiley:

Shows I’m Currently Watching:

• vs Blue (I really have no idea how this show is better written than shows on television, but it is).

• The Vampire Diaries/The Originals (Spoiler Alert: ://www.spoilertv/2015/04/the-vampire-diaries-nina-dobrev-exits.html?utm_source=Trending&utm_medium=Trending)

• Arrow/The Flash

• DIG

• Sleepy Hollow

• Banished (I do wonder if this will get renewed…it’s BBC though so probably not)

• Poldark (I’m really enjoying this show, sue me)

• Once Upon a Time (I’m not really sure why…but I do…guilty pleasure I guess)

• The Code (I’m on episode 5)

• Wolfblood (I’m late to the party with this one as well)

• X-Files (We’re getting more episodes!)

• Inside Number 9 (“12 Days of Christine” was just fantastic)

• Full House (Nostalgia)

Shows I’m Awaiting the Return Of:

• The 100 (It just recently ended)

• The Walking Dead

• Hannibal

• The Missing

• The Returned (Not the US Version)

• Doctor Who

• Happy Valley (This show was just amazing)

Shows I Miss Dearly:

• Merlin (WHY BBC?! WHY DID YOU AXE IT?! YOU GAVE UP MERLIN FOR ATLANTIS?!)

• In the Flesh (I have no words to describe my disappointment in the decision to end this show… they could have just put it on BBC One or Two)

• Ripper Street (It probably won’t get a Series Four)

• Fringe (That was not a fitting end by any means… and it made no sense if you really think about it)

• LOST (This one is just because I like the show, they ended it well and I really hope it is never touched again as not to ruin what it was)

One show I was looking to try was Person of Interest.
Care to leave a comment if you watch it? Maybe you can convince me it’s worth the time.

I gain a lot of inspiration for game designs from Drama TV Shows just as much as I do from games and books.
When a show is good, they can really get you going.

I also enjoy a lot of international shows as they have so much variety to them and almost always provide consistently engaging plot lines.
Not that Drama TV from the US doesn’t … it just doesn’t do it as well or as often (with the exception of some).

If you don’t watch one or more of the shows above I suggest you check them out. It will get your creative juices flowing, and if it doesn’t they all make for great TV anyway.

Feel free to comment or leave suggestions to other shows you think I should watch!

~

^ I actually just finished Fringe yesterday. I have to say that was the best show I’ve ever seen, and the ending to me was perfect. Not often a show gets a proper, or happy conclusion. I rather enjoyed it. =)

24 needs to come back and give the series a proper ending.

[=;267168]
^ I actually just finished Fringe yesterday. I have to say that was the best show I’ve ever seen, and the ending to me was perfect. Not often a show gets a proper, or happy conclusion. I rather enjoyed it. =)

24 needs to come back and give the series a proper ending.

Interestingly enough I actually enjoyed the ending to 24.

I’m just curious: Why did you like the Fringe series finale?

Maybe I missed something in it (which is possible).

~

fargo, bb, true detective

Arrow
Flash
Supernatural
Agents of Shield
Dr. Who

[=;267997]
Interestingly enough I actually enjoyed the ending to 24.

I’m just curious: Why did you like the Fringe series finale?

Maybe I missed something in it (which is possible).

~

With 24 you never know what happened to Jack. And that short left even more unanswered.

With Fringe it was a happy ending, even though the series (and particularly the final season) was pretty dark at times. I didn’t expect it to work out as well as it did for the team. The cost they had to pay, while tragic, wasn’t very high. there is the speculation regarding the white tulip, given that the character who it pertains to didn’t know about it at that time period which may suggest they might not have paid a cost at all. That’s just my take on it. =)

[=;268013]
With 24 you never know what happened to Jack. And that short left even more unanswered.

With Fringe it was a happy ending, even though the series (and particularly the final season) was pretty dark at times. I didn’t expect it to work out as well as it did for the team. The cost they had to pay, while tragic, wasn’t very high. there is the speculation regarding the white tulip, given that the character who it pertains to didn’t know about it at that time period which may suggest they might not have paid a cost at all. That’s just my take on it. =)

I can get that.

I think my major gripe was that Season 5 was half of a Season so when it ended, I was never really satisfied.
It seemed more like a “What if” scenario than part of the actual show.

Overall Season 5 was good though…(Season 4 was probably my favorite, that snow scene between /Olivia always gets me).

I actually liked the idea, I just wish FOX didn’t pull the plug on it and only give it a partial season.

I’m happy you got to see the experience the show. I really think that if one likes TV they need to see FRINGE at least once.

~

[=;268314]
I can get that.

I think my major gripe was that Season 5 was half of a Season so when it ended, I was never really satisfied.
It seemed more like a “What if” scenario than part of the actual show.

Overall Season 5 was good though…(Season 4 was probably my favorite, that snow scene between /Olivia always gets me).

I actually liked the idea, I just wish FOX didn’t pull the plug on it and only give it a partial season.

I’m happy you got to see the experience the show. I really think that if one likes TV they need to see FRINGE at least once.

~

I can hear you on that. Though one could argue that season 5 didn’t have the case of the week “filler”. (Which almost isn’t fair to say as many of the cases had tied into the main plot). I’m just glad it had a proper ending, it ended while it was strong rather than an arbitrary cut off (i.e. CSI: Miami). On one hand I’m amazed that I missed this while it was running on TV, but on the other I’m glad I was able to binge watch it (to a degree) back to back and experience it all at once. Especially with those cliffhangers. I have to admit it is probably one of the best shows, if not the best, that I have ever seen. Makes me wonder what else I’ve been missing out on. =P

Breaking bad, Game of thrones, watching Chuck again for like the 10th time :), walking dead and many more :slight_smile: But I’m of the kind that wants the whole season ready for devouring before I start. I don’t like to watch 1 episode per week, that destroys it all for me so I watch a lot of series that might have been canceled just to have a ton of seasons to plow through at once :slight_smile:

iZombie
American Odyssey
Arrow
Dig
Game of Thrones
Agents of Shield

Getting ready to watch Children of . This is as far as normal TV shows go. I watch a ton of anime as well.

I watch so little TV nowadays. Younger me would be ashamed! The only current show I watch is Agents of Shield.

That and Frasier* DVDs.

*Ask your parents.

Been rewatching the Top Gear Specials, looking at the amazing environments they’ve recorded, the different architectures of every country they visit. I feel a lot can be learned while being entertained

[=;268352]
I can hear you on that. Though one could argue that season 5 didn’t have the case of the week “filler”. (Which almost isn’t fair to say as many of the cases had tied into the main plot). I’m just glad it had a proper ending, it ended while it was strong rather than an arbitrary cut off (i.e. CSI: Miami). On one hand I’m amazed that I missed this while it was running on TV, but on the other I’m glad I was able to binge watch it (to a degree) back to back and experience it all at once. Especially with those cliffhangers. I have to admit it is probably one of the best shows, if not the best, that I have ever seen. Makes me wonder what else I’ve been missing out on. =P

See that’s the one reason FRINGE was . The cases actually felt like they had a place in the show, much like the X-Files.

I’m so sick of the lazy storytelling in “X of the week” shows where the same killing monster-alien is thrown at the viewer.

The writers of FRINGE had some really original ideas. It’s one of the only shows where (most) antagonist plot lines were just as interesting as the overarching one.

I think the one major problem with FRINGE is that it just wasn’t advertised… at all.

Most people had no idea what the show was when it was on. If you weren’t watching it from day one, you most likely didn’t know about it which is sad (the other thing that is sad is that LOST has basically fallen off the face of the Earth; if they didn’t watch it while it was on most people look at you funny when you mention it).

As for the ending, you’re right at least they were able to WRITE an ending, instead of leave it with a cliffhanger.

It terms of other shows you can watch, I would strongly suggest anything from my list (The Vampire Diaries, although the name may be off putting, has had some amazing episodes and it is up there with LOST/FRINGE on my list; Alternatively I think everyone should watch In the Flesh at least once in their life; vs Blue, in Season 6 - 13, is one of the best written shows ever of all time…and its a web-series based on a game…just take that in, the emotion and smart storytelling is just amazing… the writers managed to write the best love story in a show without resorting to anything graphic and never even showing the faces of the main characters; that being said all the shows up there have some great moments, if you liked FRINGE you’ll like them).

Fell free to ask about any one of them if you need a rundown or something of the sort.

Actually I am curious how you feel about Person of Interest, seeing as you liked FRINGE.
What are your thoughts on the show as a whole?

~

[=;269080]
See that’s the one reason FRINGE was . The cases actually felt like they had a place in the show, much like the X-Files.

I’m so sick of the lazy storytelling in “X of the week” shows where the same killing monster-alien is thrown at the viewer.

The writers of FRINGE had some really original ideas. It’s one of the only shows where (most) antagonist plot lines were just as interesting as the overarching one.

I think the one major problem with FRINGE is that it just wasn’t advertised… at all.

Most people had no idea what the show was when it was on. If you weren’t watching it from day one, you most likely didn’t know about it which is sad (the other thing that is sad is that LOST has basically fallen off the face of the Earth; if they didn’t watch it while it was on most people look at you funny when you mention it).

As for the ending, you’re right at least they were able to WRITE an ending, instead of leave it with a cliffhanger.

It terms of other shows you can watch, I would strongly suggest anything from my list (The Vampire Diaries, although the name may be off putting, has had some amazing episodes and it is up there with LOST/FRINGE on my list; Alternatively I think everyone should watch In the Flesh at least once in their life; vs Blue, in Season 6 - 13, is one of the best written shows ever of all time…and its a web-series based on a game…just take that in, the emotion and smart storytelling is just amazing… the writers managed to write the best love story in a show without resorting to anything graphic and never even showing the faces of the main characters; that being said all the shows up there have some great moments, if you liked FRINGE you’ll like them).

Fell free to ask about any one of them if you need a rundown or something of the sort.

Actually I am curious how you feel about Person of Interest, seeing as you liked FRINGE.
What are your thoughts on the show as a whole?

~

Agreed. I’ll check out your suggestions as well, thanks for the heads up.

Person of Interest - before I had watched Fringe I would have put POI as the best show ever. Now it’s #2 (so far, still more seasons to go) after Fringe. I love the lore and atmosphere of the show. It takes a bit to pick up (around 1.5 seasons) but when it does, it’s ridiculously good. The characters are superb, the actors whether it be series regular, recurring, or guest stars are just incredible. Even the music composed by Ramin Djwadi is enough to watch the show alone. I really love how they’ve built up the antagonist of the current season since the beginning of the show. It feels as if everything has been leading to this point, and the way they weave some of the subtleties of each episode together down the line in ways you wouldn’t have thought of are just insane. It’s a really underrated show, much like Fringe was in it’s time from what I hear. I just hope this one has the good fortune of getting a proper ending. The cast is amazing, Jim Caviezel, Emerson, Taraji P. Henson, Chapman, Sarah Shahi, Amy Acker, Cara Buono, Enrico Colantoni, Boris McGiver, Clarke Peters, Leslie Odom Jr. (One of the best antagonists ever), Snow, and many many more. I could keep going lol, but suffice to say it has fantastic writing, cast and music. Do you watch it?