What the Hell is Going on Here? INSANE memory leak!

I’m suddenly running into this problem where after quitting out of PIE UE4 memory usage just spirals out of control, I can’t imagine for the life of me what could possibly use 4 gb of RAM per second, but this is a major problem.

This happens to me too, the Editor’s RAM consumption increases as I go in and out of PIE over many hours of development. But this only happens in this one project that I’ve never “properly” migrated up to new engine versions (always just upgraded in place). Waiting for 4.24 to do a proper migration to see if it fixes this… Having said that, restarting the Editor always frees up my RAM until the next few hours that it hogs it up again.

I wonder if that’s my issue, this is a project that I’ve been working on since engine version 4.14, what do you mean by doing a proper migration? Starting a new project from the latest engine version and importing all the assets?

Ah, I’ve also had this project around for a while, since 4.16 if memory serves. And yes, I mean exactly that: new blank project and migrate everything in.
Another weird thing that happened after my last upgrade in place (to 4.22) for this particular project is that I can no longer create Physics Assets for SKs - I always get the “bone too small” error. Doing the exact same thing in a blank project gives no error… go figure.

And even if you upgrade the project, instead of migrating it, it will have the same bugs / memory leaks?
The memory leak happens in my project too, and I’ve migrated it (in a new project), from 4.20 to 4.22.
Maybe it’s all about migrating the projects.