What should the load system be?

So this is my save system in my night 1 level bp Screenshot - fb98f3a7fa08127c1c2ecaeba5bd1e39 - Gyazo what do i need to change in this main menu level bp to make it a load system Screenshot - a1b0526032a499ac863cdba6de3bd130 - Gyazo.

It will not work if you create the save game every time…

Same answer as always…:

yeah i forgot that part right after i made the post but how does this load system look? : Screenshot - e92fe75d47237877d63934d6ef79993f - Gyazo

Just to clear up the saving and loading is done in two different blueprints saving in the night 1 level bp and the loading in the main menu so do i make 2 local variables one for each bp?

Same here. You don’t want to have more than one copy of a variable.

It looks a bit weird, because you’re getting a variable out of the save game and then re-saving the save game. But you didn’t change anything…

Local variable for what?

EDIT: To be clear, one variable should be in one place. You don’t want two copies of a variable.

I mean the local variable that is connected to SG Variable

So how should i get the local variable from the mainmenu bp to the night 1 bp?

You might not need the variable in two places. But assuming that does make sense, then the best way to share a variable between various places is either the save game or the game instance.

There sometimes isn’t a need for the variable to exist locally. It can just in the save game.

So instead of making the “Local Variable” in the blueprint it is supposed to be That i see you made in your pic above i should just make the var in the savegame?

Yes, it can live in the SG. It really depends how you use it. If you’re going to do a lot with the variable, you have to get it out and put it back later. If you’re only going to +1 or something, it can just live in the SG.

I really just want it to save if the boolean variable is true or false.

Ok, then do it like in the picture, but use a bool instead of an int :slight_smile:

Ok so i have this var with a savegame reference should i put that var in the savegame as well? Because the saving is in the night 1 level bp and the loading is in the main menu level bp so do i just put it in the savegame instead of having 2 different savegame references?

Just forget what i said before i found a work around but can i change the value of the boolean in another bp then the boolean is actually made in? Because i want to set it to true on this part but i can’t set it to true or false since the local variable stops me from setting a value.

Use the game instance if you want to share variables between blueprints :slight_smile:

but didn’t you just tell me “Yes, it can live in the SG. It really depends how you use it. If you’re going to do a lot with the variable, you have to get it out and put it back later. If you’re only going to +1 or something, it can just live in the SG.”

Just forget what i said again but what is the point of the local variable exactly? or what does it do?