What logo animations can I show in a trailer?

I’m working on a trailer for my game, and I want to show an animation with the UE4 logo or “Powered by Unreal” at the beginning. I looked at the trademark license agreement, but I’m not sure what it’s for. Is it just for when you want to use the official logo animation, or is it for any animation featuring Unreal’s logo or name? The animation I would use is either the one at the end of this video: Unreal Engine 4 "Elemental" Demo - YouTube or the one at the beginning of this: - YouTube or one I made myself.

Am I allowed to use any animations other than the official one, and if so what do I need to do to be allowed to use them?

Thanks!

You have to get permission to use the logo in your promotional materials: Unreal Engine Branding Guidelines and Trademark Usage - Unreal Engine

There’s also a guide there on the rules on how to use it.

If I make my own animation, then do I have to do anything other than send it in for approval?

If you do anything with the logo, you have to first follow the branding guidelines you can find on that page, and then you have to email that address and get approval for how you use it. They will be looking to make sure you follow the branding guidelines and that your project is something that they are OK with being associated with–for example, the game Hatred was forced to remove the logo from their marketing because it was not approved and they didn’t want to be associated with a game like that.

So it’s OK as long as I don’t use the logo?

You can make your own content without the logo and without getting approval, if you want to use any of their trademarks in your materials (the Unreal logo, the made with Unreal stuff, etc.) then you have to get it approved.

I have an animation, would this need approval? http://i.cubeupload.com/t8nJ5z.png
Thank you for all your help!

Yes, you have to get approval, most likely that will not get approved because it needs to follow their style guide.

If that’s the case I don’t think I’ll take the time to make an animation that does follow the style guide. Am I allowed to write anywhere that the game was made with Unreal?

Not in the trailer, as far as a text description, I’m not sure