What kind of game is easy to make?

generic shooter :wink:

i wanted to know what is easy or suitable games to make for new person. I also find 3d games are lot easier than 2d cause most of the things I done or learned are 3d so if we take look at 3d games there are so many genre like shooting ( first person) , rpg , zombie games etc . so which one should I try ? To be honest I think zombie games are easy cause it does not require any special stuff . like we make an simple zombie with just attack player which we can duplicate it into 100 and make a few missions with it.for humans we need to lots of things like getting angry or confused but for zombie we don’t need anything like that . but I don’t like zombie games much but I have to learn what is easy and then go into what I like and so what genre I should start?

Thank you for reply and you mean first person shooter like games? :slight_smile:

https://www.unrealengine.com/content/e1483f96f46b414386bd3ca5de33ed10

I would also say a Blueprint Based 2.5D SideScroller.

Means you have 3D Models, but only move sideways and up/down. You can easily add some collectible pickups, like money or health. Create simple moving enemies that only follow if you come near and die when you jump on them or hit them. You can add traps that deal damage when running onto them or falling onto you. Or a poison trap that deals damage over time.

I myself use exactly this kind of project to teach 2 friends of mine how to use the Engine and how to program. Works pretty well since the different things needed all work similar (traps for example) and they can easily recreate and extend stuff with this.

what is side scroller? sorry dont know that and thank you for taking your time and explaining everything

I don’t know if you’re still interested, but a side scroller is a game like Mario - 2D, with the background scrolling to the left as you go forward. I am also new at UE4, and I think that a side scroller would be easy to make as well.

If you want to make a 3D game, a 3D side scroller might be easy (like New Super Mario Bros), but a shooter might be easy as well, since there are many tutorials online for “How to make Shooters”.

You also said you wanted to make a zombie shooter. I don’t know much about 3D game development or AI, but zombies sound like a pretty good idea (they don,t have to get to cover, mobilize, etc.).

Whatever you do, you should research about it first - just google “How to make _______ in Unreal Engine 4”.

I think you should look at creating a Horror Game, since backgrounds can be dark and Zombies would look even scarier. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your explanation and i found out that ue4 is not good for begineer like us and so i moved to unity3d and will come back to ue4 after being a pro or senoir in gamedev , or else it wont be easy at all to use. it has blueprint but still it not for newbie