What is the right way to importing a skeletal mesh from Unreal to Blender?

I tried exporting a skeletal mesh as an FBX file from Unreal with default settings, then importing it in Blender. But the bones are disordered even if “Automatic Bone Orientation” is checked. I looking for a solution and took one day no right result (e.g. Better FBX Importer & Exporter, UEFY2) on internet!

Hey @tancen!

Check out these non-Epic affiliated Blender to Unreal character set up guides:

I hope the above is the solution you need!

Thanks, it’s too later today. I will watch above videos at tomorrow.

@Quetzalcodename I finished watching the above two videos, they are very helpful for “How to go from Blender to Unreal” and also explain the difference of the skeleton coordinate system between Blender and Unreal. But none of them gave an efficient way to go from Unreal to Blender.

After another day of research, I finally discovered that the skeleton imported into Blender from Unreal, while looking wrong, was not quite. You can binding skin, painting weight and animating with the “wrong” skeleton, and finally successfully import into Unreal.

1 Like

After a few more days, I discovered that the wrong bone was not able to create Rig in Blender’s Rigify, and I guessed that maybe the bones did not have the right connections and positions between end-points of bones. So the right choose is “Don’t using Blender”

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.