What is the best way to place subtitles into my project?

Hello,
How is it possible to put in subtitles? Even without localization, that’s not a problem. I have tried a lot of things:

• Use Print String function, which actually works but it’s not so good loking (also because it has a fixed position on the screen)
  • Tried to edit the Character putting in front of the camera a box which should handle an instanced material whic has for every sentence a different texture which defines its opacity according to the letter’s position (Which is a very loooong work)
  • Tried to Interacte with HUD, everything it’s fine but if i call Draw Text from Blueprints, it doesn’t work and gives me a warning which says that I have to use Draw function only with DrawHUD Event. This one can be used only in HUD, so I tried to use only this for dialogues, but actually, if i put a branch which checks where’s player position and then fires off text and sound, it emits only the sound and no text.

Yeah I have this question too. I would like to plot in all my subtitles before recording voice overs but don’t know which is the easiest method!?!?

Hi Amus,

I remember Tesla Dev on youtube made a video on how to do this. He has a lot of other great tutorials as well.

Cheers

As a heads up: Print String is for debug purposes, it won’t work in a built game. It’s editor specific.