What is better for performance? Parallax mapping or nanite mesh with a lot of polys?

I find it sad how much people flip their **** when anyone mentions Nanite isn’t God’s gift to optimizing and rendering.

What is with peoples insanity with Nanite?

Like look at this post: Reddit - Dive into anything

I’ll quote my Edit:

EDIT: I went to bed with this post at the TOP with 80 upvotes and with positive and agreeing comments.
I wake up the next morning, this is downvoted to hell, with personal insults, unrelated content from my profile. Then and complete ignorance and insanity when I show Nanite has WORSE performance vs optimizing .
The ignorance and blatant engine developer agenda this post received was atrocious.
Downvoted to 15 as of this edit.
I’ll let this be a lesson for anyone reading.

People come up with all these excuses that don’t matter.
When you actually test Pre-Nanite day scenes with properly optimized with LODs and actually game ready base meshes. And then slap on Nanite on that same scene, anyone can watch the perf drop. Why the heck did I have to show it to people?

People act like my test aren’t good enough. When the fact is, it is. Because it raises initial concern, enough concern to prompt them to do better test, one that would satisfy them. Why the heck am I designated the “test dude” now?

But nobody wants to be legit anymore when it comes to making their game worth buying for people.

Just elitist market or who people who don’t care about temporal upscaling motion artifacts.

1 Like