I don’t know about you but for years I have been simmering with this latent hatred for a certain group of people. You find them all over the internet in forums, help systems (particularly stack overflow ) and everywhere else where desperate users go who ran into a problem that they need immediate help with. It goes something like this:
- You run into a problem that needs solving NOW!
- You bring up duckduckgo and start searching with various terms
- HEUREKA!!! There is an entry in forum X where somebody has the exact same problem! Maybe there is a solution for it!!!
- You read the question. Yep, that’s my problem indeed and there are answers!!! I am saved!
- You read the answer and in 75% of the cases you be presented with one of two followups:
A) Some wise guy wrote: “Why would you want to do this in the first place?”
B) The original poster wrote: “Never mind guys, I found a solution!”
And you are left with the wish to smash your keyboard into your screen…
Frustrating, but it happens to me all the time