What hooks up inputs to movements in the Blank template?

Hopefully this is the right area of the forums, as none really fit.

As part of trying to learn UE, I’m trying to figure something out. When you create a new project using just the blank template and then run it, there are already keyboard, mouse and gamepad inputs hooked up to moving/looking around. Where is that actually located? I can’t find a blueprint with that actual code. Say I wanted to tweak some of it, where would I go? Or if I wanted to override just part of it (like have the thumbstick controlling the camera work different somehow), where could I drop in my control to change it? I’ve played with creating my own game mode/controller and still can’t quite figure it out.

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, I am familiar with hooking up inputs. I have worked on some other learning projects where I did that and learned how to hook up blueprints to the mappings I created. However, the blank template has no mappings in the project. And I haven’t been able to find a single blueprint that actually directly traps the mouse/keyboard/gamepad. I feel like I must just be missing one. Or is it just hardcoded into the engine? It seems odd that a “blank template” would even include that.

That’s VERY helpful. So it’s building a pawn for me since I didn’t give it one, and that pawn has default controls. So if I create my own pawn with blank blueprints, I should be at a “no controls that I haven’t added state”? Definitely going to give that a try tomorrow. Thanks, again.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Gameplay/HowTo/SetUpInput/Blueprints/index.html

Thank you for letting us know! We’ll fix this soon.

@AntiGravity and @Chaven - if you have any other links that are broken, please post them here so we can get that fixed ASAP! We really appreciate your help :slight_smile: