What happens after 4.9 UE5?

and after Windows 8.1, came Windowns 10.

I don’t think it’s funny. I think Epic will go this way at some time. Cryengine did it this way. Cryengine is not Cryengine 3, it’s just Cryengine.

Your are all having it so wrong. Of course, everyone knows it, it goes through 4.8 and 4.9 (betas) and 4.10 (Unreal 98), and after 4.10 comes 5, and it will be called “Unreal Engine Professional”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait Unreal 98 has already been. Or was it 99? rhh… :wink:

Numbering versioning depends on developer, there no strict rules. In UE1 times version number didn’t had dots at all :stuck_out_tongue:

In fairness, dots used to be a lot more expensive than they are now.

What about an “Unreal for Workgroups” ? :rolleyes:

Well, I too assume we count up normally from 10 to 11 and so on.

Though, now that I think about it, maybe we don’t have to go higher. What about 4.42. It’s the Ultimate Answer to Life, the Universe, and Game Design.

So what if they rename it? As long as they don’t screw with the license agreement. We will be fine. But you are right. It would kinda suck. But, It wouldn’t kill us… Wait… Thief 4 went to Thief… And became a pile of steaming Crytek… Medal of Honor… SimCity… Oh no…
DON’T CHANGE THE ENGINE NAME EPIC!!! (They already did it to Unreal tournament. But I think that might be different.)

How about TEFKAU
-The engine formerly known as Unreal :stuck_out_tongue:

If they do rename it… It should be called the BETTER THAN UNITY AND CRYENGINE ENGINE.
That would work pretty well. :wink: