What games from E3 got you the most excited?

WOW. No one is excited about No Man’s Sky? That thing was amazing up close.

That’s what did it for me this year. Rest of the floor was the same old same old with next gen graphics really.

The Division is on my list

[=Joviex;74632]
[/]

No Man’s Sky is ! I didn’t mention it as it wasn’t really ‘from E3’, since we’ve seen a lot about it already :slight_smile:

Crackdown and No mans sky :slight_smile:

[=Joviex;74632]
[/]

It looks nice, but I’m skeptical about gameplay. What’s the game? A procedurally generated world usually gets boring really quickly.

[=;74921]
What’s the game? A procedurally generated world usually gets boring really quickly.
[/]

I take it you are not a Minecraft player.

It looked like Minecraft turned ExploreCraft. There was some combat though, and I assume it has aggressive mobs ala MineCraft mobs as well.

A game is what someone find entertaining, hence, highly subjective for all manner of people.

Me, I find the modern FPS’s not so much better evolved than Rainbow 6 (the original), Urban Terror, CounterStrike, etc… Prettier graphics just doesn’t do everything for me.

[=Joviex;75156]
I take it you are not a Minecraft player.
[/]

I played Minecraft for months. I even hosted my own servers in the past. The game I’m currently working on also is in the more creative area, so I definitely understand the appeal of these types of games. But Minecraft is fun because you can build and change the environment. If the game solely consisted of wandering around in a blocky world, it would’ve been quite boring, I think.

Witcher 3, nothing more.

[=H1ghlander;75180]
Witcher 3, nothing more.
[/]

How is that series? I bought Witcher 2 in during of those Steam sales and still didn’t come around to playing it properly. It felt like I’m missing something. Like I had to play the first game to understand everything.

The crowd scene in Assassin’s Creed Unity was the first time I actually said “this is next gen!”
The eye candy of previous efforts hasn’t really done it for me – there’s TitanFall for the 360, after all…
Those crowds, though – that actually needs the new oomph!

[=;75209]
The crowd scene in Assassin’s Creed Unity was the first time I actually said “this is next gen!”
The eye candy of previous efforts hasn’t really done it for me – there’s TitanFall for the 360, after all…
Those crowds, though – that actually needs the new oomph!
[/]

That was really impressive! I just hope they’ll actually release it like that and not scale it down.

The source code for UE4 is available so theoretically yes, but it’s such a huge amount of work that it wouldn’t be worth it.

One of the issues is the terrain, UE4 hasn’t got any way of generating terrain that also has collision. You could probably put something together that looks like terrain but collision wouldn’t be there.

You could use a texture map to displace geometry, but that’s just moving vertices. It will look like terrain but won’t have the functionality.

Mirror’s Edge 2, Mirror’s Edge 2 and Mirror’s Edge 2 :smiley: Also AC Unity looks noice :smiley:

The Witcher 3 !!! :slight_smile:

Witcher 3 and No Man’s Sky

Uncharted 4
Doom
The Order 1886
Far Cry 4

Witcher 3
No Man’s Sky
Alien: Isolation

Unreal 3 :wink: