What does "OpenGL Not Supported" mean?

So is it possible to run 4.15 at all on Mac’s which don’t have metal support?

No, you cannot run a Mac in 4.15 if it is not Metal API compatible.

Thanks - that’s all clear. Time to start looking for a hardware upgrade.

If you have a Mac Pro you can try install PC nvidia graphics card with nvidia drivers. I have non-EFI graphics card and Unreal Engine 4.15 works for me.

If you have a Mac Pro you can install nvidia PC graphics card with nvidia drivers. I have non-EFI graphic card and Unreal Engine 4.15 works for me.

Hi Mirau,

Macbook Pro graphic card upgrade Is not a good idea, because the two GPU are a part of the mainboard (solder). In another type of macs it’s posible, but not in macbooks pro. We can only replace the complete mainboard with anothers GPUs, and depends the macbook pro model.

Regards.

I think we shouldnt have to be expected to upgrade our hardware to run an updated version of the engine macs isnt exactly cheap to upgrade this this a really bad move for Unreal

and whats worst there is a tons of new features that will miss out because of this

This decision was made for a number of reasons, but in large part due to the fact OpenGL is inferior to the MetalAPI in regards to performance and efficiency. You can still work with OpenGL in 4.14.3 and prior engine versions, but moving forward we did not find it necessary to support that API any longer.

“Metal, Apple’s groundbreaking graphics technology, accelerates Core Animation and Core Graphics to boost system-level rendering by up to 50 percent,* and efficiency by up to 40 percent,** resulting in faster graphics performance for everyday apps. Metal also takes full advantage of your CPU and GPU, delivering up to 10 times faster draw call performance for a richer, more fluid experience in games and pro apps.*”

Thank you,

Thank you for let me decide between Unity and Unreal for my indie game, when unreal team made that decision, you basically decided that every company has an updated mac, you guys forgot about indie developers who can’t afford a new mac, or just dont want to waste Money with a new mac.

how do you do that?

Yea I dont understand this. I get this message but how to I bypass this thing. I dont really get what you are talking about in your first answers.

Wait so I need someone to break this down step by step so where do I go to edit the ini files on mac? I need every step of how to do this. Fortnite is also not working for me and I really wanna play it.

-Thanks

I am not completely sure how to do all of this and what application i can edit it all with. I can’t find the ‘4.14 or 4.15’. Please help me?

what is this crap all anout? i took my time…downloaded this crap…read this thread…still not working…is this some kind of trolling? a game thtat shows me it is working, but when i dig in to the forums of the developer after downloading it ther is a little bit something missing that will prevent me from gaming? just because i got a mac that is 3 months older than other (middle 2011 imac 27") …seriously…whats the matter with u guys…im so ■■■■■■ right now…and i will definitly NOT recommend this pile of trash to other mac users. good bye.

same problem

233782-schermafbeelding-2018-03-14-om-205446.png

how do i fix it ??

I can’t play either. I need some kind of stupid graphic card. Like seriously. I don’t care about the graphics. There’s got to be a way to get rid of that message so I can play.

Do you know if it is possible to run Fortnite(a UE project) on a mac with os high sierra but without a metal supporting hardware?
I heard of running the program with -opengl argumen, could you please explain?

Hi , i already find DefaultEngine.ini but i don´t know how to put the code r.Mac.OpenGLDisabled=0
Can you explain with details how to put the code please?

Thanks and regards! Arthur.

oh i play on xbox and wad trying to switch to mac : )