What does a studio fall under as a business?

I’m trying to start a studio and I went to reserve a name with the state and they want to know what type of business am I starting and the options are:

Sole Proprietor


L3C (Low Profit Limited Liability Company)


Partnership/Composite Partnership



Indian Tribe

What do I put it under? Or am I doing this wrong?

It would be a sole proprietorship which just means you are the sole owner of the business. It doesn’t not require you to obtain a EIN (employment identification number) which is for tax purposes. You would just use your SSN. You could also look into LLC if you wanted to set up the business that way. It is a lengthy explanation on the pros and cons of an LLC so Google it and decide between the two. Hope that helps!