What Do You Want To Know? Livestream on C++ Programming in UE4 Coming Next Week!

I Would love to see The basics. Actors, pawns and onject heirarchy relationships.
UE4 Macros, etc…

The stream will take place Thursday October 30th @ 10PM EST. It will be recorded and archived on our YouTube Channel, which will be linked on this thread once it’s up.

Agreed!
This would be really cool to see. Especially Mellee Hit Detection.

Melee hit detection has been a good challenge for us, we’ve changed approaches a few times. With a mostly melee combat game, it needs to be air tight.

+1 for melee and networking.

1. How much BPs are used and what are the typical patterns of exposing the functionality to BPs? Where is your separation line between BP and C++?
  2. How does collaboration with game designers/balancers look like? Do you use ue4 functionality to read .csv files where you define some game balancing number and/or designer content?
  3. Did you have to extend/write your own components? If yes, which ones and what do they do?
  4. Do you write tests? What is your typical test case?
  5. Do you use continuous integration? What software do you use and what is your experience with unreal automation system? What is your experience with running tests while building (if you do)?

In addition to the beyond the basics networking requests, and the external database workflows (interaction) this list posted by I would find very helpful. Thank you for doing this.

I’m afraid the stream will start at 4AM in my timezone and I can’t stay up to watch it, but very much looking forward to watching it on YouTube!

This is live now BTW, come hang with us, and feel free to drop some more questions!

Just caught the stream now.

Would love to see GameMode, Gamestate and playerstate relationships with a basic example of how that would be set up?

The stream archive is now live on YouTube (remember to change quality to 720p so you can see text): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaAtrKvcjoE&feature=youtu.be

Checking it out, thanks for doing this! :slight_smile:

Hey had a look at this stream great effort, i was wondering whould you be willing to explain the replication conditions.
How to use them in general, am failing in finding the docs for it.

Just watched it, got some good information during the video. I’m also curious on how you implemented you skills and skill tree for the game. Hopefully it’s will be something explained a bit if you are doing another twitch :slight_smile:

That’s not really related to C++ Programming, you’d be better off asking in the Blueprint or Content Creation sub-forums.