What do i need to learn before i get into unreal engine?

i’m a guy who doesn’t know too much about game development (in a technical way), but games are my passion and i wanna get into this world and make my own games ,
so what do i need to learn before i get into unreal engine ? coding in a specific language ? creating character models ? or something else?

Hi Vitorca1,

I’d say you should just dive into the UE4 editor straight away and start experimenting with some simple projects. Looking through the tutorial videos at Unreal Engine - YouTube is a great starting point. Models and coding can come later once you’re more familiar with the system.

Understanding all the elements that combine to make a game is important. And as you’re probably aware, there are a lot. As says (and I actually followed a similar route) getting stuck into the engine and learning about it will really open your eyes to what it can and can’t do. This will then lead you to the elements that the engine requires from external sources i.e. models, sound, animations etc.

It’s a tough slog and for most of us it’s the passion for making games that drives us. There are plenty of people in your position here in the forums, I would recommend looking up their posts too. Lots of good information from the regulars here.

Hey Vitorca1 - how’s progress? Do you need any further help or pointers?