What could cause this Viewport issue?

I’ve had this MASSIVE project breaking bug/issue inside of this project of mine in ue4 for almost a year now, trying everything to fix it, whilst nothing worked. I’ve been forced to use the translation sliders to move, rotate, and scale objects for this amount of time and it’s halting my development immensely. Pay attention closely to how the viewport in editor behaves here:

Video in my google drive (size issues preventing me from uploading directly):

This problem has persisted even across clearing out all saved content in the project folder via the folder of the same name, and the only cursor I am given is the one shown in the clip (the four directional arrow one). It’s extremely frustrating and just absurd in my eyes this could even happen. It seems most of the time it auto selects my foliage mass and I’m unsure why.

Silly question, have you tried resetting the editor ( I can’t recall where that option is )…?

Yes, multiple times, in multiple ways actually…the problem seems to persist on this project.

It looks like you’re stuck in foliage mode somehow…

Have you tried migrating the whole thing to a new project?

I believe so, but wouldn’t hurt to try again. Might have to tonight, choices are slim at this point so it’s on my to do list then. I’ll update this report with my outcome later tonight.

Update: I tried the following and I’m starting to come to believe it’s only this map, I just don’t know what it could be other than the fact it’s a very large open world map. Still unsure of the cause but I’m trying very hard to solve this once and for all.

Hello,

We’ve recently made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/

Thanks