This is not a attack on any of the organisations or such , just a discussion.
The job offering section of the forums is the place where most of the Ue4 related jobs are advertised. The application on those job seems to be from both individual developers and and enterprises.
What do you think about those?
Do you think organisations applying for a job eats up the chances of individuals getting a good contract?
I’m saying so because there are often some very dodgy organisations and brokers in the jobs section who basically:
- Apply for a job as an organisation , in some cases this gets them the contract quickly than an individual because they appear have more talent at same place
- Then they hire other developers from the community for the project they got contract for in point 1 above
- Some rouge/fraud enterprises pay very little to these developers compared to what they are earning form the contract and charge the client twice the amount they’re paying the actual developer and never tells them.
- The worker is robbed off from the work credit on the project because often these organisations are not transparent to client.
- If you go through the portfolio of those companies some of them aren’t even game developers but simple software companies who want to cash in by grabbing a game contract and then get it made by hiring a freelancer.
This is just my perception of “Some” of the enterprises and organisations who are operating in the jobs section. There are obviously some nicer organisations like iron belly who do ask people if they want to work with individuals first. But the rest of them feel like they are just taking away the work from freelancers and charging a hefty extra “finders fee” to their clients.
Feel free to refute my points.