What are the best educational programs to learn virtual film production with the Unreal Engine?

Hey guys, I really want to learn virtual film production with the Unreal Engine ASAP!! Are there any educational programs out there offered by fully accredited universities or schools? Which ones are the best? Thank you very much for your help! :slight_smile: Best,

I wouldn’t think that there is one, especially from an accredited university

Thanks for your reply… Yeah, I know it’s pretty new, but what about existing animation programs/degrees? I heard that some of them may include the Unreal Engine, but I could not find anything online…

ELOI, are you sure would need an actual official accreditation for something like this, though? And what is it about “virtual films production” that Unreal Engine 4 has something within it that you feel you might benefit from? Because I think it might be possible to make small animations within UE4 itself, through something called “Sequencer”, or something like that. And there must be tutorials on how to use this as well, out there. There has to be.

Hello, thanks for your comments. I am pretty new to this and just want to make sure I learn it properly. Plus, if the school was accredited, I might be able to get a scholarship or something like that. Anyway, in the meantime I will look into all these online tutorials :slight_smile:

Just saying. Because if one can find a way to learn the desired skill for free or at least even a fraction of the cost, it would beat having to end up thousands and thousands of dollars in debt in the future.

As Greg Wondra says in the introductory videos to one of his courses on Udemy, “I don’t believe you need to spend thousands to learn game design.”

Trust me, I certainly learned the hard way a few years ago with something else.

Using Unreal for film (like say the Mandalorian TV series) or for animation is very new and it’d be unlikely that any school has classes that teach that. There’s plenty of schools that teach game development with Unreal though. You don’t necessarily need a degree though, your portfolio matters a lot more, so having some projects you’ve done will be very valuable and you can get a lot of free tutorials (like from Epic themselves) and there’s also much cheaper online workshops and courses that you can do.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! :slight_smile:

Ok that’s good to know! Thanks for your feedback! :slight_smile: