Wetness/specularity to sandy shoreline?

Anyone know any way of making the sand of my landscape layer be affected by touching a water surface material? So I can add a wet look to the shoreline.

1 Like

You can make a separate “wet sand” layer for your landscape, and paint that all around your shorelines. Or if you know that the water is going to be at the same Z value everywhere on the map, you can use the world position blue channel to lerp between dry sand and wet sand inside your landscape material’s sand layer.

1 Like

Thanks @Nathaniel3W Trouble is i have several ponds at different Z positions. Painting I guess would work, but may look odd if it doesn’t perfectly align with the water plane.

1 Like

@Coldscooter did you figured it out? I’m new here, still trying to figure out how it works. But the “landmass” plugin has a function called “paint layers”, but the “water” plugin does not. If you manage to copy this function from the “landmass” to the “water” plugin you’ll be able to paint both sand at coast and wet sand at the water bottom. Do you know how to do it?

1 Like